Another KDX VS Which GAS-GAS 200-250-300 or 450

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Hi newbe here. Are the GAS-GAS that much better. I have a KDX-200 with all the bells and whistle a lot of money invested, and a few home made mods. I trail ride half of the time, and do Harescrambles and a couple of GNCC. I have rode in the 200-B class, and now that I am a little older the Senior C class. I do ok, I ride at a turtle pace, I got the kdx set up to mantane a third gear pace. The only GAS-GAS bikes I see racing in the Northcarolina hairscrambles are in the pro-A-and AA classes one or two bikes in each class and they are the EC-250. The B-C are race serperate from A on up so I can't compare lap times, So I just need more input and infor to compare wich GAS is for me, any changes on the 04 would be nice. All replies welcome thanks.

kx200

Feb 1, 2001
I you get a chance to ride a Gas Gas 200 you will find out that they do feel lighter and lower than your KDX but as far as power, the KDX is just as good if not better in the low-end range, but ride one if you can other wise you’ll just have to take someone’s word for it. I have ridden a gas gas 200 300 and owned a 250 all 2002 models, and all pull real smooth but the 200 just doesn’t have the grunt of a KDX, or the wider feeling 6 speed. That’s what felt odd to me on the XC250 first gear was a little tall so I went down 2 teeth on the back. If you were in the senior A class maybe but the C class you’ll do just fine on the KDX. The one thing I miss is the cool factor of going to a race with a gas gas, I’m now on a 03 WR250 and love it, even better than my old KX200.
Hope this helps

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I have owned 3 KDX's and 2 GG(250xc/300xc). Obviously I enjoyed them both but the GG is a far superior bike and in turn you pay for it.

Curently I ride the 300 it's the best 2 smoke I've owned - by far. It rides like a "3 stroke" with a very flat power delivery. The 250 was nice if you wanted more punch in the middle, however I'm a single track rider. The last thing I enjoy is a hit while riding up nasty wet,rocky hills. I agree with the power delivery on the 200 but it can be remedied, the bike is very flickable and alot of fun to ride but is low in the torque department in stock form.

Good Luck!

PS. my 300 is F.S. - buying #3 GG and 2nd 300! :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
ya know, they say -- life is a ... GAS .. GAS :moon:

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
KDX-Retired,KX-Looking Good Opions on 450 GasGas

Yes, seen new line up on GAS-GAS the 450 FSE Looks cool, would like opions on this moldel Please, The KX-250 03 NEW I can get for 4,200 + tax a few mod + suspention around another grand, But if I sell the KDX Might be able to swing the GAS would it be worth the differance. Your Help Please , NEW GAS Dealer in NorthCarolina only 3 miles from the House Can't stand it much longer, and that 400.00 Bush Check is on the way.

CJG

Nov 24, 2001
Dixie, I don't know anything about the 450FSE(but I believe it is quite a bit heavier than your KDX), but I do have an '03 KX250 and an '03 GasGas DE300. Both are great bikes, but the GasGas is much better suited out of the box for woods riding. Not that the KX doesn't do well, it's as fast as the GasGas in the tight stuff, it's just more demanding.
I couldn't say if the GG would be worth the extra money to you, but I can say that I really like mine (I really like the KX too, but more for the track than the trail). It's a pretty tough call, for the difference in money you could probably get the KX up to par with the GasGas(and there are alot more aftermarket parts available too).
GoodLuck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom