Another MXA educated statement

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I get all of my best material for flames from MXA and they never fail me. Here’s the latest:

“Before ProCircuit ports the cylinder, they mill the base to lower the port timing. Lowering the ports gives ProCircuit more leeway to raise them again” MXA 2/02 page 58
:think

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Decreasing my brain cells now gives me more room to increase them later on. :) With beer. Both ways. It's my edumacated hypotenuse.

Last edited:

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
did you guys read the latest test on the rm 250? whats up with these guys,the last paragraph about the bike being nothing but an anoying stone in your shoe as opposed to a pearl .these guys suck.

B

biglou

Originally posted by wizard69
you should gain lots of weight before going on a diet so you can loose more weight after because a person can only weigh so little

Hey-I'm putting the first part of that theory to test as we speak!

wizard69

May 3, 2001
ditto but I'm not trying to gain weight I'm trying to loose it.that is all I'm going to say because I have to go eat some cake and drink some coke.
later

needsprayer

Oct 24, 2001
RM 250 MXA rag vs MXracer Mag

MXracer magazine Feb 02 had nothing but praise for the RM250. Pro rider Chris Cooley commented " Suzuki went from the bottom of the barrel to darn near cream of the crop"

I was shocked by the MXracer summary; " Out of the crate this bike is competitive, and with some slight modification it's possibly the best production 250 we have ridden." :cool:

Heck, I ride a XR650R and started getting excited about the RM after reading this article. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
They have a way with words don't they?:p

Too bad it's usually the wrong way. :)

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
You guys really need to get off MXA & the other trade rags. It depresses me.:D

I mean, according to them I bought the most awesomest machine ever conceived on the face of the plant. Since I own a Yammy 426 I kinda like to think them guys are pretty smart..... :)

Jason B

Jul 10, 2001
Check this out!!

I picked up a copy of this months MXA, and took it back to the shop to read. I was hoping to find more good material on the rm250. I read the very article you guys are talking about. I almost choked on my steak-n-cheese sub. Every article on the bike is positive except there's, but the sad part is the fact that they must be so busy that they don't have time to write. It is a sad day when you have to plagiarize yourself. Don't know if anyone caught on, but the sections about the motor and gearing are taken word for word from a write-up about the 2000 model. There a joke!!!
:confused:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
since my original flame just got terminated i am posting here:

MXA makes me so mad.....again!
did anyone read the feb MXA CR vs YZ shootout? i cant believe they have the balls to keep reprinting the same stuff over and over. in some cases they didnt even put the correct year numbers in (cut and paste job from last year).

why do i read it?? i cant help it, i think i need therepy or something, even my cat wont park her behind on that magazine!

i must be stupid, i even email them to complain when missing issues dont arrive.

if i renew my subsription again i think i will have myself admitted to the asylum!, either that or someone put me out of my misery!

aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001

im trying to upload a picture of MXA's bike of the year. can anyone help?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Credibilty

Even though I have a Yamaha -

The way MXA plays down Yamaha's weak points and magnifies Suzuki's (and others) low points is more than a bit obvious.:silly:

How is the CRF a "Garbage Scow", when other mags say it's an excellent handler?

How does the RM125 have a "pitifull" powerband that only "world class" riders can use and "novices need not apply". Then I'll read in another mag that the RM is "easy to ride".

It doesn't make sense.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How is the CRF a "Garbage Scow", when other mags say it's an excellent handler?
Well they put out special dirt when the MXA guys came to test.... or something like that. Can't remember exactly what the excuse was.:silly:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Patman

Well they put out special dirt when the MXA guys came to test.... or something like that. Can't remember exactly what the excuse was.:silly:

In their defense it is pretty hard to get a bike to turn well when your head is shoved that far up your
.... well you get the idea.:)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Re: Credibilty

Originally posted by holeshot

How does the RM125 have a "pitifull" powerband that only "world class" riders can use and "novices need not apply". Then I'll read in another mag that the RM is "easy to ride".

It doesn't make sense.

I'm pleased that they would consider me a world class rider.:)

There was so much wrong with that article, I was actually embarassed for them. :silly:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Re: Re: Credibilty

Originally posted by Vic

I'm pleased that they would consider me a world class rider.:)

After reading that article, I want an RM125 even more. It's my only chance to become a "world class" rider......:confused:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom