MattC

Jun 15, 2003
Ok im another newbie rider here based in the UK, im coming from a Background in Downhill Mountain biking, A month back I had a go on a mates crosser on his local farm and even though my legs and arms were killing me I was hooked and couldnt get enough, Im looking to buy my own bike at the moment, 125cc class, And ive decided to go for either a KX125 or YZ125, just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the charcteristics on the 2 models over the last few years, and if there are any major problems, theres a guy selling a YZ125 here with 1999 model on Ebay here in the UK. Link below. Id mainly be riding Pure MX, with an aim to get into racing, some trails riding on local paths and hoping for some good jump actions

Cheers

Mat

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Go with the YZ, they are a much better bike than the KX. All of the magazine reviews rate the YZ much higher than the KX.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by CaNaDiAn,Eh?
Go with the YZ, they are a much better bike than the KX. All of the magazine reviews rate the YZ much higher than the KX.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Z0RRO

Apr 4, 2003
But the KX is easier to ride IMO.
Rode a 97 YZ and a 01 KX ... and was much more confident on the KX, easier to lean, more comfortable...as far as power, can't really compare since I have no idea of both top-ends.
KX was just plusher (seat, suspension) and more stable than the YZ...

Anyone you get, you'll love it. We can be picky, but both are great choices if you pick the right bike (maintenance wise)

FoxRacing023

Mar 29, 2002
The YZ has more low-end power and feels more responsive vs. a KX ( 2001 -2001) especially if you're new to the sport and need more low-end to be able to get back up to speed for cornering or from making mistakes. A buddy and I switched bikes and pounded a few laps. I'd have to say the KX felt flat and unresponsive compared to my YZ and i wanted my bike back....... when i finally got him to slow down and come off the track he was all smiles and didn't want to give my YZ back. I think the KX is a little tamer for the new rider but the YZ definately has more power and better handling IMO.

Top Bottom