lit549

Jan 11, 2010
Ok--another dumb question>And yes Ive rode before.BUT,what is the proper way to keep your finger on clutch lever?I was told to always keep atleast one on it to get ya outta trouble.Well I find myself with just my thumb and index finger on the grip!!This has to be dangerous.But I wanna make sure I can pull clutch in,I cant with just one finger..Any suggestions??what do you guys do??? :p

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You need to grip the bars with some fingers and keep some fingers on the clutch and front brake lever. Everyone will be different. I know it sounds wierd, but what works for me is my index/pointer finger on the clutch lever and my middle finger on the front brake lever. On starts, I use two fingers (index and middle finger of left hand), but then switch to one finger after that.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
High Lord Gomer said:
On starts, I use two fingers (index and middle finger of left hand), but then switch to one finger after that.
gomer, what are you talking about??? there is a proper way to do that... :laugh:
quoting gomer: "(You know I couldn't pass up jerking your chain on that one!)" :rotfl:

back to subject: when riding i use the pointing finger on break lever and in clutch lever, i like to grip the bars the more i can.
on hard breaks and when clutch felling needed, i use two fingers. i really think its more from personal taste than a universal technique... even in moto gp there is no concensuous. rossi breaks with 4 fingers, some with 3, most with only 2...

Gabe12

Feb 7, 2010
I use my index and middie for my clutch, but with my braking lever i can't put any of my fingers on because it prevents me from stopping, my fingers are long so if i put middle finger on brake i can't really slow down. (if this makes sense)

Top Bottom