Apr 11, 2006
I came upon this site looking for feedback on the various forum-built bikes that were submitted to Dirt Rider. Just browsing, I came to the conclusion that there are some great folks on this site - so I joined up.

I'm in So. California. Have ridden most of my life. I got my wife into riding when we were dating and up until our first child was born. Then she stopped riding altogether and I found less and less time for riding myself. Before I knew it 15 years had passed with no riding. A few years ago I started bugging my wife about getting back into it.

Last summer she finally gave in and now my two teenage daughters love it. At a time when my daughters' friends are spending more time with boyfriends than their own parents, our kids love to hang with their old Mom and Dad camping in the toyhauler and riding in the desert. I can't ride like I used to, but any riding is good riding. It's been great.

Bikes:
05 Honda CRF450X (the old fat guy)
05 Yamaha TT125RLE (daughter)
05 Yamaha Raptor 350 Quad (wife)
05 Suzuki Z250 Quadsport (for friends who come along)
06 Suzuki Z250 Quadsport (daughter)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Welcome to the site... funny, some call me the same thing as your screen name, less the "X". Okay.. and less the 450 part too.
Glad to have ya, enjoy.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
fat_boy_on_crf450x said:
I came upon this site looking for feedback on the various forum-built bikes that were submitted to Dirt Rider. Just browsing, I came to the conclusion that there are some great folks on this site - so I joined up.

Thanks for the kudos and welcome to the site. :nod: We try very hard to keep this site family oriented, as evidenced by the large number of families here. We also have a number of organized rides that form up every year. The closest to you, Moonrocks, has suffered from too much snow the last couple of years. Moab is a growing ride that tx246 and I have been shepherding. DirtWeek is our premier event every year. The last few years it has been heald at Cooperland Raceway in Oklahoma.

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area.

Your story match many of ours in so many ways. I was away from bikes from aabout 1985 until the late 90's. Now I have 10 at the moment, which includes the first ones I ever purchased. My kids (grown) both ride and my grandson just got a 50 for Christmas.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Welcome to DRN fat_boy.

Like Tony said, check out the So Cal Wrecking Crew forum. We have many riders here and many fun events. Any organized trail rides will be posted in that forum. You and your family are welcome to join us.

Where in So Cal are you located?

Ol'89r

Apr 11, 2006
Ol'89r said:
Welcome to DRN fat_boy.

Where in So Cal are you located?

I am in the Long Beach area (Signal Hill), about 25 miles south of L.A.

Thanks for all the warm welcome from all of you. I will check out the Wrecking Crew link and look forward to getting more involved.

Thanks again! :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom