fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
in looked on some of the other search formes and cant find what year front springs everybody is using from honda xr and what rate. and what sixe xr on there kdx mine is 2002 200 i know this is asked a million times please help. also why doesent everybody use fredette racing springs if he makes such good products thanks oh and one more thing if this helps i weigh about 185 no gear on

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The rate is .40kg/mm. Those are in '00-01 xr400s, I THINK! You can check the rate at race techs website on the spring search program. I believe there is a different rate in earlier models. At least I know there's a change somewhere about that time.

re: "and what sixe xr on there kdx mine is 2002 200"

I have no idea what this means.

The springs that come from fredette aren't MADE by him.

re: your weight. .40s may well work. If you're an aggressive rider, you may be wanting a bit MORE spring.

Oh...if it's XR400 springs you're after, note that it's springs FROM honda for the XR400, NOT springs from eibach (or anyone else) that are MADE for the XR400.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Not everyone uses them. I tried both and was much happier with the Fredette springs. And yes I use the stock spacer for preload versus one to achieve 10mm or so preload that often goes along with the XR setup. Tried both ways on that too and once again what Fredette recommended worked best for me. Of course he did spec the shim stacks for my GV so thats probaly a big reason his way worked all the way around. One thing for sure is that Race Tech's recommendations are waaaayyyy out in left field for springs, etc. All in all, like so many things the "best way" is not set in stone. It all boils down to personal preference and riding style.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom