Any Cloud Riders Out There?

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Prepping fro Moab now - just 5 weeks out now! :yeehaw:

We will be riding mainly between 3000 and 7000 feet with a few trips up to 10K.

My jetting for my KDX200 is spot on at 42/152 and stock needle in the middle. Engine is stock with after pipe and missing airbox lid.

I spent some time looking at the jetting elevation/temp chart and it appears like I will be most centered around a multiplier of .94. This would yield a 38/142 setup.

For you folks on 200's that spend time in this elevation - does this sound about right? I dont care if I master the jetting for this short time - I just need something that wont cost me 20 plug changes.

Sean

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Call or e-mail Dale at www.elitemotorcycletours.com in Moab. Most of his rental bikes are KDXs --200s bored to 220 so the jetting will be same as your 200. Check out some of the photos on his site and by all means stop by and see his operation when you're in town.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Based on my limited experience and remember that all bikes are at least a little different, I would recommend a 40 primary and 145 to 148 main. It is better to be a little rich than a little lean! You can always drop your needle a notch or too also if you turn up rich on the main.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
John is right on from what my notes say. [Mine's a 220 but carb is a 36 - same as the 200] I'm running a 40 pilot, 148 main & needle in 2nd slot from top. Since there's a lot of deep sand in Utah - and you're usually running on the main in sand, I prefer to be a bit on the rich side. I've not fouled a plug yet with this setup. I DO run the 8EGs or 8EVs as it's near impossible to foul those thin electrode plugs.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…