bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
When i got my new bike the Prevouis owner ran vp c-12 and moutol 600 at 40 to 1. Went to the local store, Got some c-12 But they only carried 510 or 800, so i got the 800. Will this hurt the bike if i mix up the gas and pour it in?

Thanks

P.s. I live at 6000 feet and the bike as a Pro circuit High compression piston

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
How high is your compression? I run 91 octane on 9.1:1 compression in a 250 and burn all kinds of oil in it from $16 a quart synthetics to $4 a quart Napa specials. I have no problems with wear or detonation. The high altitude only reduces detonation problems.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
It is my understanding that the biggest difference between the 600 and the 800 is the amount of smoke it produces. I was told the the 600 is produced more for indoor use. I am no oil expert, but I am certain that the change will do you no harm. I have been running the 800 in my son's 65's for a couple of years and have been using it in my 250 since I bought the bike. My mix is premium pump gas (Amoco Ultimate) at 40:1. The motor on my sons '02 65 outlasted the frame.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Curiosity got the better of me, so I dug around a bit for information, and it turns out that Motul 600 is better suited for external oil pumps, such as the PW50 and PW80. Which is where I use the 600. The 800 is actually better suited for your bike.
There is no direct link to my sources, so I will now post the information that I found on the motul.fr website.
http://www.motul.fr/uk/produits/index.html said:
Motul 600 2T is a 100% synthetic, ester-based lubricant designed for high-performance 2-stroke engines operating under extreme conditions. Motul 600 2T is specifically designed for separate lubrication systems. Prediluted, it allows for an easy flow through all types of oil-pumps. It mixes instantly and evenly with the fuel, thus ensuring "total lubrication". Motul 600 2T complies with the demanding JASO FC norms. This standard, imposed by Japanese manufacturers, involves four exacting bench tests that evaluate lubricating efficiency, detergence, anti-clogging performances and reduced-exhaust-emission performances. Motul 600 2T also complies with the ISO-L-EGD norms.

EXHAUST-REDUCING PROPERTIES
- For an optimal performance of exhaust-reduction properties, the engine must run at normal temperature. - The cold increases condensation level in exhausts - emissions will be more visible in cold or damp weather. - When changing from a standard to a reduced-exhaust-emission lubricant, the latter will reach full efficiency only once the standard oil has been totally used up.
http://www.motul.fr/uk/produits/index.html said:
Formula developped for Motocross Grand Prix Teams
Suitable with standard and unleased gasolines up to 124 octane
All racing 2 stroke engines, high performance and using premis :
Moto Cross, Enduro, Trials, Quads, Watercrafts, Ultra lights…
For road racing bikes, use MOTUL 800 2T ROAD RACING
With oil injectors systems, use MOTUL 600 2T
For karts, use MOTUL KART GRAND PRIX 2T or KART RACING 2T.

PERFORMANCES

Very high lubricating properties which decrease friction and wear.
Improved formulation : reinforced desemulsion properties : prevents carburettor throttle from sticking and provides a perfect lubrication under wet conditions.
Keeps engines and exhaust power valves always well lubricated.
Prevents piston rings and exhaust power valves from sticking.
Red coloured : can be easily detected in fuel.

bobbyhill925

Aug 28, 2005
its also ported for race gas. I think i might change this because running race gas isnt very practical for me since i have to drive 30 miles to get it.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Good luck with that, porting requires grinding material from the intake and/or exhaust paths. There isn't a practical way to put that material back, but you might be able to recreate it with JB weld. You could also just replace the parts that were worked on. Perhaps somebody else here could chime in on whether or not it is OK to run pump gas through a ported engine.

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
It will all depend upon how it was ported. Was it ported for mid to high RPM use or was it ported for low to mid RPM and what compression ratio was the engine set-up at? Either way race gas is the best fuel to run and the most stable as well.
Just my .02

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You only need higher than 93 if you increase compression, 4t or 2. Save your money. Even if you could find somebody to custom mix you gas, he'll tell you the same.

lwsmithjr

~SPONSOR~
Sep 18, 2002
I may be showing my ignorance here (won't be the first time) but compression should be the determining factor in whether or not you use race gas -- not porting. So it may be just a matter of getting the head re-shaped back close to the original specs. That's not a difficult thing for a competent machine shop.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I was guessing it was a 2 stroke

lwsmithjr said:
I may be showing my ignorance here (won't be the first time) but compression should be the determining factor in whether or not you use race gas -- not porting. So it may be just a matter of getting the head re-shaped back close to the original specs. That's not a difficult thing for a competent machine shop.
If it was ported and was done right, no worries. If the port heights have been changed by some hack or the transfers ,intake and exhaust hogged out ,that could be trouble. No head mods?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
If the bike is ported for low end power, you'll need more octane. If it's ported for high end, you generally need less. I am runnig a stock 87 CR250 which runs 9.1:1 (most motocrossers run 8.5:1 nowadays). compression and is ported for a strong midrange. It runs fine on 91 octane and any oil.

Top Bottom