Any Good KTM Dealers in Wa State to purchase from?

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Hey all....after pulling that thread a week or so back.....I wanted to go look at KTMs to give a saddle rub check out the KTMs 200/250 or 300 EXC. Think it is time to add a pumkin to the stable!
Wanted to know if there is a good customer oriented dealer that doesnt treat you like crap out there. I personally just had a terrible customer service experiance at the dealer here in Olympia, Cycle Mart, and refuse to set foot back in that store, or recommend them or their services to anyone (even the Taliban, well maybe!).

Any good tips?
I know there are good ones.....

Thanx
HR
:cool:

KTM124

Dec 1, 2001
The Tricities(Tricity Cycle Supply) dealer is a good guy, always willing to help. Beaudry motorsports outside of Spokane seems to be a good outfit as well. They are actually located in Post Falls, Id so both are quite a bit out of your way. Beaudry's is very into racing and supports Mike Smith on the ducati and Lamastus and McAllister on the AX/4 stroke nat scene.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Welcome to the west side of the state just about EVERY single dealer I have gone to do on this side of the state (west side) has been terrible. I deal with customer service daily its my job. Most dealers on this side of the state I would rate thier customer service from very poor/non exsitant to average. Look to the east side of the state. I got my new YZ from condotta's yamaha/ktm in wenatchee. I was not ripped off on dealer fee's I paid what you should pay for the frieght/setup was 189 total. They calculate the tax into the price of the bike. They do not get allocated tons of MX'ers but the sale rep said the deal mainly in trail bikes. Plus tax isn't as high over there as it is on this side of the state. In wenatchee it was 8% versus the average of 8.4 to 8.8 or sometimes higher on the west side. Give those guys a ring they'll hook you up. I got my '02 from this summer and I did it as a trade in on my '01 CR it was a smooth transaction got a decent trade in and paid less that I was expecting to pay orginally. I beat every dealer on this side of the state on price by an average of 400-800 in fee's alone. Best of all it took like maybe an hour for the whole deal. I got my tabs/registration and title in a few weeks. The last dealer took almost a month! Stay away from lynnwood motoplex okay for parts but thats about it. Stay away from hinshaws high dealer fee's/bad service. stay away from skagit powersports great service but high fee's. I haven't been to ALL of the dealers on the west side of the state but they are just about all the same over on this side especially around the seattle/tacoma/olympia metro area and yes bremerton isn't any better. The better deals to be had are in central/eastern part of the state or if ya can look into the state use tax laws and try and buy a bike from OR if you can get around that.

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
Hawaii Rider
Sorry to hear about the bad experience with CM, a rider from up here got his 'berg 400 at CM and seams to be pleased so far. My experience with dealers may not be the norm because I have raced for many years and the dealers know me, but I've had good luck with Lynnwood MotoPlex (Lynnwood), Skagit Powersports (Burlington), and Champion Cycle (Bellingham). Skagit Powersports has a full ine of Pumpkins in stock. Champion Cycle is a small dealer and doesn't carry much stock (no new bikes in stock right now), but his customer service is great. Send me a PM or e-mail if you want to know more.

Greg M

Jun 25, 1999
HR,

Lynnwood does have high fees associated with its new bikes. I met a guy there in August who bought a new 300EXC out the door for $5,800 from a dealer in the Bremerton area. I read that someone else here had trouble with them, but this guy did not. I am actually going to lynnwood later today to take a look at the RFS bikes. I won't buy one, but I want to look anyway. They probably still have new two strokes marked down to $4,999, but that is a KTM incentive. Back in August, dealers had the option to buy ten new bikes and take a $1,000 discount on them. The dealers pass this on to the customers but then jack up freight and assembly charges. Another poster said he was quoted $1,000 for freight since KTM required them to sell the bikes below their normal cost. Nice wording. $4,999 may be lower than their normal cost but not on these bikes.

I would try that guy in Bremerton, supposedly you can get a plate with the bike, or Champion cycle in Bellingham. He is definitley a one man operation, but you don't finance his inventory or pay rent for 10,000 square feet of showroom. If I were to buy a new KTM, that would be my first destination.

There is also a dealer in Yakima called Motocentre. He used to sell Maico's and seemed pretty honest to me.

Greg M

RTKLR1

Apr 23, 2000
I tried to get a rear spoke for my 01 400 exc today, I-90 motorsports,lynwood motoplex and skagit powersports dont carry any spokes !!!! the spokes are the same for something like 10 years and they wont even keep 1 in stock. poor customer service.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
Get this I called I-90 a few days ago and some guy answers the phone and I ask to see if they have a gasket for the stator cover for a YZ125. This guy talk about lazy ass didn't want to help or even lift a finger to look anything up says to me no i'm sorry I can't look that up or cross reference it like there wasn't a yamaha dealer. I call back hour later and get someone else and they was able to look it up hmmm.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
KTM dealers

Seeing that your at Fort Lewis you might want try Northwest European Cycles in Spanaway on 14106 Pacific ave.Another place close by would be Hinshaw`s Motorcycle Store in Auburn off of hwy 167. Good luck . yzman

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Ditoo that:
I think NW European and Cycle Mart were the best two small shops and Hinshaws the best big store. Don't know anything about the Bremerton shop.
Had the same type of experience with Lynn wood and I-90 and guess what I didn't by a bike eiither place

They told me you were a great guy! What happened?

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
If you don't mind the drive down to Portland there is a dealer in the Gresham area that is supposed to be good

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
I may end up doing that....Portland....

Originally posted by DanS
If you don't mind the drive down to Portland there is a dealer in the Gresham area that is supposed to be good

If I have too, then drive it will be, but this dealer will not see my wallet or face ever again.
Its great that some folks have had good dealings with them, I didnt after this last go around...and its my money, and I vote with my wallet!

Portland....I can do that!

HR

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Hinshaw's Supports NMA

Since Hinshaw's are big supporters of the NMA and sponsor riders and events in the state, I'd at least give them a chance. If they insult my intelligence with $1000 fee to bolt on the wheels, no sale.

But they deserve a chance...

There's more to the deal than just the price. If it's in the ballpark, support those who support your riding future!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
It's a long drive from the Puget Sound area but I bought my KTM at KTM of Gresham, just a few minutes east of Portland. They went out of their way to treat me right and listened to me call twice a day to see if it was in yet. They are all enthusiasts and racers and know their stuff really well. If you don't mind the drive, give them a call.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
HR
I am interested in the problems you had with them as well, since I live here in Olympia. I bought my bike from them and have been in since for parts and have been treated very fairly. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, I hope it was a one-time deal.

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Answers.....

Greg: Yes and no.
Woods Rider1: Email (dont PM, its broke) and I can give you the low down. And yes it was a one time deal....I wont ever go back. (that simple! ! :debil: )
firecracker22 Almost everyone has pointed me down that way.....sounds like they are they dealership......I have no problem going down to someplace that treats you like a human being! :think

And its 1236 am....Tueday Morning...and it is snowing up here like a big dog!
WOOOF WOOOOOF WOOOOOF

Great.....more wonderful pacific northwest drivers ! ! !:confused:
Bring my tow chains and straps and pay for dirt bike gas pullin non-drivers out!...

HR

TravisCR500R

Mar 21, 2001
i second the vote for Tri-cities cycle supply. if you tell them you hate the honda dealer here in town (he fired all the salesmen who rode and replaced them with kids) they will give you ten % off everything. For a long time.
I would also check out NW Euro cycles. That guy knows his Huskies. Its a small shop but its worth a visit.
Tri-Cities Cycle orders all my honda parts for me and they arent even a honda shop. They are super when it comes to customer service. In fact they are having a blowout sale, as I type, on all ktms and some snow-machine stuff.
Travis.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
HR, I know Beaudry's has a couple 01' 300(MXC and an EXC). I have not had any problems with my Bike yet so I don't have a true measure of their customer service, but over the phone I have received some good help. I also have got some great information from Dave Russell and bought some accessories from them. He only has a very small shop that he runs by him self to support riding. I think they both do Husaberg as well, I know beaudry does.
If you call Beaudry's ask for a Tom Murphy, he was the most helpful to me and is the GM.

I like others like to support the local guy's and customer service is my number one concern, that is way I didn't by online.

IMO

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Re: Answers.....

Originally posted by Hawaii-Rider
Great.....more wonderful pacific northwest drivers ! ! ! :confused:
Bring my tow chains and straps and pay for dirt bike gas pullin non-drivers out!...

What do you mean, PNW drivers?! The ones who think 2" of slush is deathly dangerous, close schools, go home early and drive 2 miles an hour? I noticed that too upon my move to the "wet" side of the state.

Where I come from, we get 2 FEET of lovely, fluffy, pretty white snow! I miss it! I love driving in it and don't get why everyone else thinks it's a natural disaster or something. Slow down but only a little, don't make sudden jerky moves, and enjoy it.

I may address this subject further in the Flame board.

<rant mode off>

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Yeah Yeah Yeah....ranting is good

Originally posted by firecracker22

What do you mean, PNW drivers?! The ones who think 2" of slush is deathly dangerous, close schools, go home early and drive 2 miles an hour? . . . . .Where I come from, we get 2 FEET of lovely, fluffy, pretty white snow! I miss it! I love driving in it and don't get why everyone else thinks it's a natural disaster or something. Slow down but only a little, don't make sudden jerky moves, and enjoy it.

I may address this subject further in the Flame board.

<rant mode off>

HR is a resident of Alaska....heck it could dump 3 foot on us overnight and nothing slows down....here....heck they cant handle dry pavement....
wet pavement = black ice
Snow = Brain Seizure
But I will say they drive better than out on the Islands.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
non-drivin rubber neckin (Seattle hasnt seen rubber necking until you go to the Islands:p
Ah....but the plus side where I live....its only 9 miles to Capitol Forest riding! ! !...my driveway to parked and unloaded!
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

firecracker......Rant on......!

Hey, check out the news on channel 13 or 5 tonight (10 pm) (13 for sure)...HR will be on it...my unit did a 12 mile road march this morning and ended up at a School in Tacoma and rucksacked all the gifts etc....ol HR was Santa sitting in the turret of the HMMWV!
;) ;)
Awesome Day!

HR

rass

Dec 4, 2001
wa - dealers

HR. I used to live in Portland, OR. I dealt with the Gresham KTM dealer. They are very friendly and do listen to their customers. Hilsboro not so helpful. Since moving to eastern washington, i have found dave russell's shop to be very helpful yet small and not a lot of selection. I had really good luck with Beaudry's in post falls,just minutes from the wash border. A guy named Ryan Martin helped me buy my new bike. I have purchased 2 bikes from them (KTM 620 & Cannondale x440s) and I am very pleased. I think they will ship bikes too. Good luck.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hey there Rass, what's the Cannondale like?

I lived in Spokane for 3 years . . . still miss some of the riding out there. Where do you go most often?

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Rass,
Good to see another Member from Spokalou:)

FX470E

Dec 4, 2001
Hello HR, I am the asst. parts manager at Hinshaws and also the off road and motocross race team coordinator. We have 200,250,300,400,and 520EXC in stock right now. We are the largest KTM and Husaberg dealer in the state of Washington and stock more parts than anyone else around.

I would love to have a chance to talk to you about your next purchase, please feel free to call me at 253-939-7164. Ask for Tom

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Spokane.......hmmm

Folks live in Spokane, I did my 'kid' growing up time there....off north Division street NOrth of Indiana.....Havermale JR High...would have went to North Central....but parents drug my butt off to Africa for almost 5 years!...
I digress....I

am over in Spokane as often as I can.....and Idaho...no sweat!....

Thanx ! ! !
HR

Top Bottom