BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My wife's horse riding group is planning a trip to the Robber's Cave area in October. This isn't far from INT area. I don't have a weekend yet but will try to nail them down in the next few days.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Hey Brian Im sure I can get something together. Get your game on because its long and tough. Let me know the date. If I cant go, I can probably arrange for a tour guide for ya. Maybe Dwrek, Crashandburn, Craig???? I have heard Don O hates rocks and this is the definition of rocky. Lemme know.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Dwreck and Crash'nBurn are hooked and booked up, work/career wise, I think. If I'm not employed, I shouldn't be going. If I'm employed, I probably won't have any time off to go... :bang: I'd love to see the area, one of these days. :nod:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I may be up for a ride, depending on the timing. I havent ridden INT in quite some time, but wouldnt mind riding if it is a 2-3 day ride.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
There's a work/ride weekend set for October 3-5. Several hard-core Talimena heads will be there. Good time to come out; we can spend a little time clearing logs from trails and a day or so riding.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thus far, the other group hasn't committed. I'm still open.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I may be interested. I will try to plan ahead so I can make it. Lets try to firm up the weekend so I can take some time off too. I may extend the weekend.

Jim, how did this come about with the Talimena work weekend? Is this associated with the Ouachita Forest Service or something a group of guys planned. I am interested in helping. I was thinking about a trip to Ozona for one of their work weekends.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Mudd Slinger said:
I was thinking about a trip to Ozona for one of their work weekends.

I would love to get a DRN crew out there for the weekend.

We are usually there Thursday night through Monday mid-day.

The last weekend of this month I will be there Wednesday evening through Sunday because of Jury Duty on Monday.

We have 9~12 miles of singletrack flagged and ready to cut.

JR and I can get about 6~8 miles laid in and confirmed in a weekend.

We will soon have a 20+ mile loop cut and ready to burn in.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Mudd Slinger said:
Jim, how did this come about with the Talimena work weekend? Is this associated with the Ouachita Forest Service or something a group of guys planned. I am interested in helping.
Randy: This is just an idea by a bunch of guys who ride there regularly. The Forest Service isn't involved. I think that if it comes off well, though, we'll send them some pictures and a report of the work accomplished. Can't hurt.

Top Bottom