Any Interest in XR50R Big Bore Demo?

Would you be interested in seeing an XR50 big-bore demo with pictures?

• Yes. I'd like to see it.

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No. I'd rather see Gomer's award winning TuTu dance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

biglou

I'm about to put the Takegawa 81cc Hyper E Stage big bore kit into my 2001 XR50R this weekend. Any interest in seeing a step-by-step tutorial of the procedure? If not, I won't bother taking all the pics!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
I'd look forward to seeing that. I'm planning on installing the Takegawa kit. I'm gonna do it myself and haven't a clue yet on the challenges.

B

biglou

Oops, I meant Taka. Corrected. Darn short-term memory!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Do it. . .so I can figure out what I did wrong. :)

B

biglou

Uh, ok, so don't shoot me... I started to take pics along the way, I'll post those, but I was just kinda into it and didn't take as many as I should have. Plus, I would have had to wash up so many times just to touch the camera. Anywho, the engine is together, just gotta put oil in it, attach the throttle cable to the throttle, and slap all the major assemblies together and see if it starts. Biggest pain of the whole thing: scraping the stock gaskets off! I did learn a couple tricks, and I think I can write a pretty good procedure in English so if anyone does this in the future I can send it to them or post it. Sorry for slacking!

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Well I'm about to join the Fitty club.  My good pal JP is currently on his way to MS to pick me up a new 2003 XR50 while I go off to a party :thumb: I guess I need to get busy and get the 50 tricked out for Dirtweek so that I can kick some butt on the mini-track :laugh:

B

biglou

Ha! I just got off the phone with JP. He told me about that. Mine lives! I need to shower up and head to the hardware store for a couple longer bolts to mount the gas tank on mine. The petcock is interfering with the new air cleaner, and my old foam pod filter has too small an opening to be used with the new carb. I have some tuning issues (I think), but man, she sure sounds sweet! I took some video of her running so you can hear it. Should be done with everything and have it all posted by tonight.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…