kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I have searched but couldn't find any threads on this. Does anyone have a 03 Wr 250 yet? Is there any test in the mags that I missed? I'm trying to decide if the 03 is worth it or if I should buy one of the several 02's that are still on the dealer floors around here and upgrade the tank and cam (along with the other normal WR mods)?

Thanks
Kevin

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Yessir, I got one. I won't be too much help for you though, as I have no way to compare a '02 model with the '03. I will be more than happy to answer any specific questions, as well as I can.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Thanks for the reply, it seems as though they are invisible. I have not seen or read about one yet. Hey but how do you like it? I have a Wr250 2 stroke and was thinking of switching now that the starting is good. Speaking of that, how well does it kick start when warm? How is the bottom end power? Do the lights work for slow night trails?

Thanks

Kevin

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Kick start? You get a happy button with the '03!! But it does start real easy when hot. The bottom end power needs a little tweaking, the exhaust baffle is horrible restrictive, and the stock jetting is lean. With the free mods done, the bike can be brougt to life fairly easily. The lights are just fine for night time riding.

Go here for some great info: http://www.garlic.com/~rdkienle/wr250f_home.htm

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I would go for the 02 and get the 03 cam. With the 03 cam guys say you can start the bike with the kick starter by HAND! Save yourself the weight of the E start and spend the extra scratch on the cam, seat tank combo and still have some left over for important stuff like stickers!!!!!!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
That is what I was thinking of doing, but I don't know if the weight reductions for the 03, off set the weight addition of the e-start. It seems to me that the 03 may weigh more?

Kevin

Top Bottom