Any places to ride on Long Island NY or near by

Jeeper

Apr 3, 2002
Hey guys,
picking up my bike on Sat and I am looking for places to take her out. Any thing close? I am looking for tracks and trail riding. TIA

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hmmmm, new bike huh? Sure, there are plenty of places to ride...... :p

If your worried about "legal" places to ride, fogeddabotit!! But if your looking for trails, there are some nice ones that run out east starting around LIE exit 64 out to Quogue.

Jeeper

Apr 3, 2002
ANy idea on those trails?

Like how to get to them? Where they start? How legal are they? Have you ever been stoped there?
Thanks
:debil:

k47k

Feb 2, 2001
The DEC patrols all of those trails regularly. Be careful. They wont hesitate to confiscate your bike.

There is a place call Morgans where everyone used to ride tons and tons of trails... DEC pulled in one day with trailers and took everyones bikes.

This was a few years back. now no one really rides there anymore.

up4speed

Jun 2, 2003
and let me know where these riding places are, and how to access them. Also let me know if ther is a parking area for my truck, while I am riding. I live near exit 60 off the LIE and I am running out of places to ride. Thaks in advance,
Chris

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Man I would not ride on Long Island. Ever week I hear of some one losing a bike or a quad. There is no place safe any more to go.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001

Hmm, Morgans. I know EXACTLY where that is. It is where my fondest memories of riding are. I don't know if it's even there anymore. I do know the cops used to show up every once and a while. Being in NC, I really can't check it out for you. To get there, head ding east on the LIE, go to exit 70 and then head south. Go down a few miles to a turn around in the middle of the road. The turn around you are looking for is directly across the street from Hot Water Street. Drive down into the woods and there you are. If you're lucky and venture into the woods about a 1/2 mile (in the right direction) you will find the Morgans motos track. It is about 2 miles+ long and a real thrill. I wish I could ride it today. Watch out for the cops, and good luck!

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Yeah watch for the cops and dont stop for them they will impound your bike. One guy has a street legal KTM and was in full gear just sitting on the side of the road smokine a cig. He was on the sholder and a cop pulled up. Started talking to him and took his info back the the car a couple of min later a truck showed up and they impounded his bike and said he was ridding in the woods which he was not he was just sitting on the side of the road not near the woods. He lucked out because the ticketed him for a law that has not gone thew yet so he got his bike back. This just go's to show how bad they are cracking down. There was a spot at exit 56 on the LIE that people have gone to for years. You cant go there any more they are now busting you there also. The owner lets people ride there but the cops dont care any more. You have to love LI now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…