Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've already tried googling this question and didn't come up with anything helpful. I got the 40gb PS3 back in January. The first game I got for it was COD4 (which is the best game I've ever played). It saved my progress all the way through the entire game with no issues. I can still go back in and play through any level I want.

The PS3 doesn't want to save progress on ANY of the other games I have. Every time I try, the save progress stays at 0% and then it tells me that there was a hard drive error 8003041C. Like I said, I couldn't track much down on that particular error. Has anyone else heard of this happening? Any possible solutions?

I only play games on the PS3 and I don't go on-line with it or store photos on it or anything. It's basically a 95% game station and 5% Blue Ray player for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I want one, but I can't justify the 500 bones just so I can have the newest Ratchet and Clank game.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Try going where the System crossbar is, there should be "Reset to defaults". I'd give that a try. If that doesn't work try googling the error code and see if there might be any info. Have you tried MX vs ATV: Untamed on the PS3?

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
XRpredator said:
I want one, but I can't justify the 500 bones just so I can have the newest Ratchet and Clank game.

You should totally go for it Pred! Tetris looks KILLER in hi-def. :nener:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
trial_07 said:
Try going where the System crossbar is, there should be "Reset to defaults". I'd give that a try. If that doesn't work try googling the error code and see if there might be any info. Have you tried MX vs ATV: Untamed on the PS3?

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. MX vs ATV: Untamed was the first game I played where I realized it wasn't saving any of my season progress. I don't get to play it much, but I was so bummed when I found out my stuff was erased.

If I reset to defaults will it wipe out my progress on COD4? I guess I could always play through it again, though.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I don't think it will erase what is stored on the hard drive but if it does, I'm sure it will ask you to confirm prior to. Is your PS3 updated to the newest version?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
sandstrike said:
Hate to say it but try going 360 it solve your prob.

No intention to rekindle the war going on between PS3 and 360, but there's so much stuff the 360 can't do. Except for Halo 3, I don't see any reason why I'd prefer this system over the PS3.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
trial_07 said:
Is your PS3 updated to the newest version?

That's a great question. I haven't done anything to it since it was purchased in January. Is that something I'd be able to find on-line, save to a flash drive and pop into the PS3 pretty easily? Thanks again for your help.

sandstrike

~SPONSOR~
Apr 8, 2008
Iv got both and to me 360 has less prob. had to send ps3 off for 2 months to get fixed and updated. Every thing about same just had less probs with 360. Kawidude if you have a red light flashing on front. hard drive is gone. Pack it up and send it to Sony.But expect 2 to 3 months getting back. thats how long i had to wait.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Kawidude said:
That's a great question. I haven't done anything to it since it was purchased in January. Is that something I'd be able to find on-line, save to a flash drive and pop into the PS3 pretty easily? Thanks again for your help.

If you have a wireless connection inside your home, you can update directly via internet. I think the System Update button is again in that Settings menu (the one 2nd to left I think on the crossbar). You can also download the update on your computer, pop that on a USB stick and insert it into the PS3, choose update via storage system instead. When installing the update, never close your PS3, even if you think it stalled. If you shut down the PS3 during the update, risks are you'll never be able to start it again and you'll have to do like sandstrike and whine about it.

Last edited:

MSB22

Feb 19, 2008
MX VS ATV UNTAMED is awesome i had it on xbox 360 me and my buddy who ride together played it almost every night all winter...and we'd put it on the hardest setting have 10 computers racing us...and we could almost play it all night til the sun came up and not get bored :D

Jefferson is the best track we got so Smooth on it...we were smoking the computers on the hardest setting..and they are actually pretty quick and will keep up with you

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Yeah the computer in Untamed is much tougher then Unleashed. Unleash was ridiculous how easy it was. Untamed keeps the challenge going. Right now, I'm having problems with the freestyle :laugh: .

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I rented the new one (unleashed, untamed, whatever?) It SUCKED. Had it in the 360 for about 20 minutes, took it back.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Yeah not as good as i thought the game would be but it is still a fun game and i like it... and BTW when i sent my ps3 to sony it only took 1-2 weeks... and also the 360 doesnt have online browser and u have to buy a DVD player and online adapter which both come free with ps3... but graphics wise are about the same, anyway anybody with a ps3 add me LEllis7motox = D

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
trial_07 said:
Yeah the computer in Untamed is much tougher then Unleashed. Unleash was ridiculous how easy it was. Untamed keeps the challenge going. Right now, I'm having problems with the freestyle :laugh: .

Yeah at first i did too but the trick is just do a simple trick... single backflip or cordova or something and it gives you like 700 points or something and whent hat bar is going down before it ends you can do little ground moves like circle up, circle left, triangle up, triangle left, which gives u x1 for each one u do so it will be 700x5 plus some bonus for doing the ground tricks so really about 1000x5 which gives u 5000 points and keep doing that ;)

Top Bottom