any troubles with the TTR50?

headbanger

May 7, 2000
Thinking of getting a TTR50 or CRF50 for my 5 yr old to race
in Mini-Enduro's in the micro class. He is on a PW50 now and it is too low and not enough power.

- Most of the kids are on CRf50's and they seem to work well.
For this type of racing.

- The TTR50 has electric start and that may help my little guy if he stalls. But it is 15 lbs more than the CRF50.

How well are the TTR50's holding up for "KIDS" ?

mikieobryant

Jul 18, 2006
yea the ttrs a good bike.ive got one that i pitbike. its got an auto clutch so its practally wont stall. u can go into a corner and jam on the brakes and it wont die. pretty much kid proff.

highmileage

Jun 17, 2004
The TTR's hold up really well. Not too many aftermarket parts yet, but they have a small supply of GYTR performance parts, including an 88cc kit. The TTR, unlike the CRF, is an e-start bike, thus where I think the 15 lbs comes in. Maybe a great thing for a learning rider, sometimes I spend more time starting the little bikes than riding mine.

Plus on the CRF side is the vast aftermarket, but guess that this is likely a one year purchase and ride deal with another bike like the CRF70/80 or 110 close on the heels.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…