Good bike for dad to ride with child

AusTex

Jul 1, 2006
I know it may be a few months off, but I want to get a bike to ride with my son and his PW50. I don't want to overchallenge him by riding an adult sized bike, so was looking at some of the various mini play bikes and pit bikes.

Can anyone suggest something small, but that will still fit me? I am 38 years old 5' 10" and 170 lbs and have been riding since I was 6 and raced a bit when I was in my teens.

I have seen a lot of the pre-made pit bikes advertised - are any of the cheaper ones decent quality?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
The size of your bike shouldn't present a problem to the young lad. It sounds like you really WANT a mini.

Come clean.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
TTR125 or 230 would get the job done, you can ride them real slow, and if he gets tired first, you can still thrash it for a few minutes.

AusTex

Jul 1, 2006
All great ideas! I sat on one of the TT 125's with the smaller wheels today and it would be perfect. My wife could ride it after our 2nd is born in November.

My first bike was a 74 Yamaha TY 80 trials bike. Got it brand new for Christmas. It was the best Christmas ever! A trials bike would be a blast, too.

Yz-85

Jul 6, 2006
if your going with kids and they have pw50's im saying go with the ttr. the kids will have a blast with you :) plus you dont want to intimidate the kids by having a different bike

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom