Anybody else get into pro or college football?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird

Now anyone with any class knows the DALLAS COWBOYS are the best team, once they get through this little slump, they'll be on top where they belong.

dallas has been my favorite team since the late 60's (yes, i'm that old). i don't see them back on top until they get rid of that idiot owner.

sawblade, there is a debate going on right now in the tulsa paper about whether or not kansas state should be considered a football power. what do you think?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Pro Football: Detroit Lions (they never fail to let me down!)

College Football: OSU Buckeyes and whoever is playing the Vols!!
:p

Sorry TN Thumper.:confused:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Kiwi Bird is the only one with any sense so far! Well him and mx547. Dallas Cowboys are the greatest, I don't care what anybody says!!

I can't believe there aren't any UT fans here. Hook em Horns! I've already decided that I'm going to college there if I can get in, I can't picture myself anywhere else!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Have a nice time in October watching your future school gettin' it handed to 'em again.

Ahh, nothing better than a Bevo burger!

"Texas bites, Texas bites, Texas jump up and bite my ass!"

TTR, Go Steelers!, Hope K-State doesn't win the north, I hate having that our guys had to beat them twice, since this year only one game will count towards the BCS (how stupid is that!).

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Originally posted by yzguy15
Hook em Horns! I've already decided that I'm going to college there if I can get in, I can't picture myself anywhere else!

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :scream:

Don't do it son, there's still time to change your mind and make the right choice! Go north, young man! It'll save you a lot of collegiate misery on that second Saturday of October.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Smitty!

I totally agree with your assessment of the North/South playoff system of the big 12. It HAS to go - With great teams playing each other twice... it sucks...... Above being a K-State fan, I am a big 12 fan so I find myself sorta rooting for the team with the better record in the championship game just to hope that the winner will have a shot at a national championship.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy
I totally agree with your assessment of the North/South playoff system of the big 12. It HAS to go -

i agree. it pays off financially for the big 12 but kills them as far as rankings go.

i was watching a guy on cnn/si last nite. he said oklahoma had a charmed season and that their schedule fell into place for them. i just wonder how many top 10 and top 25 teams they have to beat to get the respect they deserve? luckily, they went undeated or the pollsters probably would have dropped them out of the top 10.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
The playoff of the North/South (Big 12)or East/West (SEC) can be an advantage because it gives you that extra boost in the strength of schedule.Although its rough playing the same school twice Alabama,Florida,Oklahoma,and Tennessee won National Championships with a playoff system in place.So out of 9 years with a "playoff"conference 4 was won by a conference with a playoff and if you put Nebraska(Big 12) into that 7 out of the last 9 .I'd probably put my money on a team from the Big 12 doing it again this year.

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hmmph. Well. I think yall are just sore losers. Yea, we got killed last year. I'd like you to think about the rest of the 90's in the Texas - OU series. What was the record? Huh? Oh yea, it was 7 - 2 - 1. Yea and that record works in Texas' favor, I'll have you know.

I've looked into it a little and have found the records from the games dating back to the 1950's. This is what it looks like since 1950:

Texas wins: 26
Oklahoma wins: 22
Ties: 3

There ya have it folks. Oh wait, some late breaking news. After some more research, I've discovered the records of the games from 1900:

Texas wins: 55
Oklahoma wins: 35

How much more proof do you need? :p

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
NFL 2 favorites....Redskins and anyone playing against Dallas. Family has season tickets, but I ususally just watch it on TV.

College Tar Heels & Vols....really I can watch ANY college game without loosing interest.

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
I think most would agree that the goal of a college football team is to win the National Championship, no?

Texas: 3 (none, zero, zilch, nada since 1970)

What's that other team we were considering here? Hmmmm...oh yeah, it was Oklahoma.

SEVEN NATIONAL TITLES

:cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okay, a shout from the sticks . . .

I-D-A-H-O! Idaho! Idaho! GO! GO! GO! (gotta love that Vandal Black and Gold)

And (call me a glutton for punishment) Seattle Seahawks since Day 1.

Rest o' you guys are just a bunch of bandwagoners!:p

Watch out next year, NFC!:cool:

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok ok Pat, you got me. I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to say that. I have a feeling that Texas will be up there in the coming years. They have had the best recruiting class several years in a row now (even though they recruit exclusively in Texas, very rarely do they take high school players from out of the state). I think it'll turn around here pretty soon. I like Mack Brown, he's a good coach.

I'm really ok with you Sooners, for the most part. It's the Aggies I can't stand ;)

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Recruiting, Shmecruiting!!! I don't care if brings NFL players in, so far Mack Brown has not taken advantage of talent. Texas is getting these bogus ratings based on their players, not their play.

By the way, they also haven't finished in the top 10 in 18 years!

OldManIn

Mar 12, 2001
WE ARE!! PENN STATE!!
WE ARE!! PENN STATE!!
WE ARE!! PENN STATE!!

Anyone know why the sky is Blue & White? :think

Because GOD went to Penn State.:cool:

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Re: Okay, a shout from the sticks . . .

Originally posted by XRpredator
And (call me a glutton for punishment) Seattle Seahawks since Day 1.
XRP - Ah, the good 'ol days of Ground Chuck featuring Dave Kreig, Steve Largent, Curt Warner (the RB), John L. Williams, Joe Nash, Dave Wyman. Too bad the hawks screwed up when they signed that reject from OKLAHOMA, the Boz! Paid him $10 Mil and didn't even get two full seasons out of the clown. Guess he was too worn out from all those steroids Schwitzer fed him at OU. The Nordstrom's really showed their brilliance as a team owner when they made that deal.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Re: Re: Okay, a shout from the sticks . . .

Originally posted by WoodsRider
. . . The Nordstrom's really showed their brilliance as a team owner when they made that deal.
Like I said, I'm a glutton for punishment (curse you Oklahoma and Barry Switzer!)

Hopefully now, with Paul Allen holding the dough and Mike Holmgren running the show, we'll see some better results.:)

Jan 12, 2001
GO SAINTS GO !!!

We are season ticket holders, the SAINTS flag is flown every Sunday when they play, and training camp is 15 miles up the road. The cowboys are now getting their just rewards after years of being dubbed America's team by some A$$hole that only knew how to pull for winning teams.:scream: The nation had better get ready because the Superbowl is in New Orleans this year and the SAINTS will be there. BTW before someone chimes in; they will NOT need tickets because they will be on the field.:eek:

LaRider20

holyroller1

Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by OldManIn
Dirtbiker - The SAINTS are like an ugly dog that only it's owner could love.:eek:

Root for a real team - The EAGLES!! :)

If they can ever get the surface on their feild figured out!!:) :confused: :confused:

Top Bottom