ANybody have any luck getting 45mm zokes twin chamber forks to work well -06 husky

richy

Mar 9, 2003
06 husky cr 45mm twin chamber zokes - ???

This is on my 06 husky cr125
I've had the forks revalved twice - definately helped
tried differant oil levels
tried lighter weight oil
played with the clickers and rear preload

the problem I am having is the front end is not compressing enough into the turns and just plain shoveling it handles even worse when some rocks and roots and some single track is thrown in.
** WHAT I FOUND...
>>>> The left leg (brake side) seems nice and smooth while the right leg feels notchy - also if I fully extend the right leg off the bike it seems to hang up which explains when mounted on the bike fully assembled with wheel and I pull up on the bars it stays there until I push down on the bars.

Not sure if this is the norm - but things just are not getting better and the fact that the left leg seems to be operating smoothly as opposed to the right has me puzzled. Since it hangs up when topped out It has to be somthing inside the cartridge as opposed to seals and bushings in the legs (my thoughts).

Here is where i am at...
5mm preload
130mm air chamber measurement
2.5 wt oil
.38 rate springs
running full soft

Any insite would be appreciated.

Thanks! :cool:

Rich

Last edited:

richy

Mar 9, 2003
FOUND something new

** WHAT I FOUND...
>>>> The left leg (brake side) seems nice and smooth while the right leg feels notchy - also if I fully extend the right leg off the bike it seems to hang up which explains when mounted on the bike fully assembled with wheel and I pull up on the bars it stays there until I push down on the bars.

Not sure if this is the norm - but things just are not getting better and the fact that the left leg seems to be operating smoothly as opposed to the right has me puzzled. Since it hangs up when topped out It has to be somthing inside the cartridge as opposed to seals and bushings in the legs (my thoughts).

Top Bottom