Anyone Else Run an FMF KG 35 on their 220?

TGR

Apr 1, 2001
I see that most on this forum choose the rev over the torque. I guess it depends on how you like to ride. I don't race, and I do a lot of gnarly, tight trails and sandy hill climbs. The Torque pipe works great for me. Air box lid removal is the only other mod I've done. It still rips when I want it to, though. Maybe not quite as good as the rev or PCpipe?

Tom

Last edited:

dick

Mar 31, 2002
running the same pipe and airbox mod also installed carbon tech reeds..
it runs great on the trails, hills or on the track

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
My mods,

FMF KG-35, lid-toss, FMF S/A, Re-jet with CEL needle, RAD valve, NGK BR8EVX plug, flywheel weight-10 oz. Woods style, light MX.

It does pretty much of what I ask of it. Sometimes it does things that I dont. Or at least I didn't think I did.
:confused:

B.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tantrum, get the RB carb mod, add the CEJ or CEK needle and chase squirrels right up trees.

fxmatt

Mar 22, 2002
Quick question, where are you getting the KG-35 part # ? Their web site has the pipe listed as a Gnarly Woods pipe, part # 020057.

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by Fred T
Tantrum, get the RB carb mod, add the CEJ or CEK needle and chase squirrels right up trees.

Hey Fred,

I have been considering that mod for some time now. Also a port and polish. The thing is, I have also been considering a 300exc mod. Heh. Im not sure how much more $$$ I should be dumping into this bike. I know that the performance is worth the money, but I will never see close to the dollars that I put into it when I go to sell it. If they could only ride a bone stock bike, then ride mine. That would be the only way for me to justify asking over 3000 smackers. I know that this bike is easy as hell to ride, and is downright fun, but, I have exceeded the bikes suspension capabilities (MX Tech), and the HP's aren't anywhere near the 300 exc.

So there lies my dilemma. :think:

B.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re FMF part numbers:
Well, ....not exactly.

The number stamped on the flange isn't likely the number you'll need to order it. Like '020057' isn't stamped on the mount tab.

The misnomer 'woods' generally applies to the kg-35/torque pipe.

fxmatt: Tell your retailer that you want a KG-35 pipe for your bike. If it comes in with a KG-30 stamped on the tab then he gets to return it and buy you another one!!

Be careful! Some catalogs call the KG-30 (rev) a 'torque' pipe under 220 application notes.

KG-30 = rev, KG-35 = torque. Period.

Top Bottom