Anyone from Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo?

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I see Ballinger Canyon is not far away; looks like it will be my new stomping grounds (Deano, Matt Cassle?). And then there's a riding area nearby Pozo, Los Padres NF; there used to be enduros there put on by the Cal Poly Penguins. And finally, there's good old Clear Creek a few hours up the coast, which reminds me: Farmer: need some company laying out your club enduro? I've been there twice (once for the national enduro, another for play); just enough for a taste of what it has to offer.

Oh: farewell to my SoCal Wrecking crew. It's been fun - sorry we couldn't roost more often. And I'll have to harass you all from a distance now.

I have a 3-month fixed assignment up the central coast; it may turn into permanent (one more year?). Nothing else has been panning out for me, especially here in the basin. Wish me well.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Good luck placelast!!! I used to live in SLO Town from '83-'87, I am sure that it has changed so all of my old haunts probably are no longer valid. You will most definitely love living there no matter what.

The Best of Luck to YOU!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by placelast

Oh: farewell to my SoCal Wrecking crew. It's been fun - sorry we couldn't roost more often. And I'll have to harass you all from a distance now.

:( John. Sorry to hear your leaving us. But, I envy you getting to live in the SLO area. What a great place to live. :thumb:

When you get the trails figured out, give us a call. It's only 5-6 hours away. Also, we can still meet at Gorman. It's sorta half way. Your not gonna get away from the Crew that easily. ;)

Good luck!

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
placelast,
Pozo has some great riding. There is also Rock Front (Ranch) off Hwy 166 ~ 30 minutes east of Santa Maria. Rock Front is/was more fire roads than single track. The Penguins now do a dual sport in place of the enduro, it's on the D37 DS calendar. They get access to a couple of ranches and lay out some great loops along with the Pozo trails. It's not too far to Jawbone.....

Natalie - Bull's will never disappear.....

Brian

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
Natalie - Bull's will never disappear..... 

True,  it's not the same when you're the oldest one in there :ugg: We should get an alumni party going and take over the place!!  You'll have to be at least 33......;)

Oct 22, 2000
Don't forget the Awesome dunes of PISMO! My "Old" crew and I will be there in April for some camping, riding and some major alcohol consumption! That is, of course, if it's still open then.

RatTrap:yeehaw:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
and here was me thinking san luis obisbo is about an hour north from san diego on the I-5!

Good luck John, glad to hear things are working out for ya!

cheers

Bruce

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
John--no one ever leaves the crew; you're just on temporary assignment.

I hope it all works out well for you, and like 89'r said, we'll all have to meet halfway some time!:thumb:

Ray T

Jan 10, 2003
I was in San Louis in 97. I was just passing through headed to school at Ft Roberts. That little bit of time spent there hooked me. Icalled my wife and told her thats where I want to live. I'm still stuck in Nebraska, but my hearts in SLO.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by ktmboy
John--no one ever leaves the crew; you're just on temporary assignment.

I hope it all works out well for you, and like 89'r said, we'll all have to meet halfway some time!:thumb:

Thanks, guys.

Oh: I suppose that means I cannot leave my reputation behind and start anew...

Top Bottom