RM_rancrs

Jul 12, 2004
What spark plug to you run? I know there is some special NGK one that is recommended but its costs heaps, I just run a BR8EG. what do you run in your RM?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I always ran the special plug. Since the bike was jetted clean, the plug was only changed when it was worn out after 6-8 months of use. I used to buy them for about $18. $36 bucks a year was no big deal. I carried a br8evx as a spare, but I never needed it. This was on a 1999 RM125

RM_rancrs

Jul 12, 2004
yeah, my jetting has just been fixed but i still run the black plug from when my bike was jetted to rich (works fine) should i replace it? (BR8EG)

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
I have ran a BR8EG in my 2000 RM125 since new and all is well.
Bike gets some heavy use being a loaner bike of mine and have had no plug troubles.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
BR8EG here as well in the 01 for the past 3 years. No problems with that plug so far.

ruffman

Apr 10, 2002
They recommend a certain pre-mix, fork oil and chain lube but I dont follow that either :-)
They also say you can run 90 Octane pump gas (barf) ya right , hehee

My big manual from Suzuki manual recommends the R6918B-8
http://www.ngk.com/results_appOther.asp?otherMotiveID=30958&mfid=1
might have to click this link 2 times, the first time OK'ing that if you use the wrong plug you could blow up your motor, haha, YIKES !!!)

Seems to be a nice fancy hand made plug. When searching this plug on a NGK's site they say it is for 1996-2003 RM125's concidered to be the "ultimate class".

When cross referencing that size plugs thread, gasket reach ect I came up with this.
http://www.sparkplugs.com/search_ch...stor=&manufacturerID=&action.x=62&action.y=10

(Might have to click this link 2 times, the first time OK'ing that if you use the wrong plug you could blow up your motor, haha, YIKES !!!)

You can even narrow it down more by hex size, resistor, ect ...

If you have something that says to use a BP7ES, the 8 heat range series of that plug says only $2.24
Id save the extra $20 and go that route maybe.

skagracer

Jul 16, 2004
bingo your right on the noise the factor plug is a wire tip and cost lost I,v had lost of bikes that called for that stile but run the b8es, or egs works and runs great

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom