anyone in jackson co. WI this weekend?

wasted

Mar 14, 2004
the trails opened on the 15th and I was just wondering if anyone in wisconsin was over here in jackson county ripping around this weekend...
my brother and I took my son(he has a pw 80) and our 5 year old nefew(hes got a little pw 50) out for a little trail ride on saturday, we went about 16 miles, things started to get a little hairy when we started to run into all the sand, but they did pretty good for their first trail ride...

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
What's that place like?

Hey Wasted! (Or anybody else that can help)
What are the trails in Jackson County, WI like?
My parents live near Stevens Point, and when I visit them I would like to go dirt riding. I thought Black River Falls looked like it might be a good point for some friends of mine from the Twin Cities to meet me for a ride. (I normally reside in Sioux Falls.) Thanks for any input! -roadrash- :ride:

madwrench

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 31, 2002
There are two singletrack loops at BRF, both of which start at the Crawford Hills Motorcycle campground on Hwy 54 east of BRF. Each loop is around 10 miles of really good motorcycle-only trail. If you do each loop a couple of times hard you've had a workout. You can camp right at the trail head. It's definitely worth checking out.

There are many miles of ATV trails also, but homey don't ride no couch, so I can't tell you much about those. :laugh:

The Jackson County Trail Riders club has worked hard to get these trails opened back up after the county had thrown us out for a few years due to an accident crossing a paved highway during an enduro :bang: ---lawsuit city. There is much more trail to be had, and hopefully we'll get it ALL back in the next couple of seasons if nobody screws up.

NOTE: The trails are now CLOSED FOR THE SEASON and won't be open until Spring. Please respect the efforts of the people who fight for the singletrack and don't poach the trail.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…