Anyone know good places to ride in MI?

carpetbagger

Apr 1, 2004
Been messing around on my 2000 kx 125 around Clare/Farwell area. People in the area don't appreciate the noise :| . Any way my buddies and I are looking for some good riding spots. If you know of any drop me a line, thanks.
Scott

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
A kx 125 is way too loud to be ridden anywhere but at a motocross track. especially if the silencer needs to be repacked. I would suggest that you could find a lot more riding areas if you get the bike quieted down- I know michigan has a lot of trails , not usre where Berkely is, do you belong to the CCC ? They can point you to lots of riding areas -

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
You should verify this yourself but I am pretty sure this is the requirement in Michigan

"Noise levels will be checked from a twenty (20) inch distance at a 45 degree angle from the exhaust pipe at half the vehicle's rated RPM's or as detailed in the automotive specifications SAE J1169, March 92 or SAE J1287, June 86. The maximum noise level permitted under these testing conditions will be 94 dBa which is the current limit set by the Off-Road Recreation Vehicles Act of Part 811 of 1994 PA 451 (MCL 324.811). All vehicles will be required to have a muffler and spark arrester containing baffles that can be confirmed by inserting a flexible, plastic rod."

Keep in mind that for every 3 dB increase in the SPL, the sound energy DOUBLES. So 97 dB is twice as loud as 94 dB. The FMF "Q" system w/o the powerbomb meets the 94 dBa spec, with the powerbomb it test at 93 dBa most days.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
berkley huh, i'm not to far away 696-van dyke.
we ride mio-rose city for day trips because it's only about two hours. also freelin and baja... speaking of baja, opening weekend this saturday..

Top Bottom