Anyone tried a Boyesen RAD valve on an 02 CR250?

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Has anyone tried the new Boyesen RAD valve on an 02 CR250? I've had good luck with them before and was wondering if anyone has tried one and what they thought of it?

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I've read in Motocross Action that the Moto Tassani (sp?) is THE ONE to get for the 02 CR250. I have a the same bike and will get one if/when I need more power.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Hey before you purchase anything, i saw in Mxaction magazine a specially designed Rad valve It is called the RAD 3. Ill write everything that they state on the add.

"RAD 3 the simple 02 cr250 cure"
"New Triple -stage carbosite reed system" Get maximum power and throttle response across the powerbans. The light top reed allows instant throttle response at the low end: the middle and top reed work mid range and top end."

"seamless precision aluminum casting, The one piece aluminum precision casting with a 60 degree apex is dyno proven to accelerate airflow into the crankcase- no seams no inserts no misalignments to slow the flow.

"Put away the Hacksaw" unlike the VFORCE and other aftermarket valves you dont need to irreversibly cut your intage boot to install the boyesen RAD3"

"new exhuast Flange" Avaliable seperately, boyesen billet aluminum specially shaped exhause flange completes the RAD3 system by taking advantage of the servo exhaust vavle for increased toque at part throttle"

Money back guarentee- bolt on a RAD3. You will experience increased power and throttle response. If you are not completely statisfied return for a ful refund ..

Last edited:

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Interesting. I didn't like the idea of permanently modifying the intake. Is it a Boyesen product? I don't see it on their website. They show this new product for the 02 CR250 but not the Rad 3.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Yes it is a Boyesen product. It is not on their wensite yet, im guessing it should be on there soon. Permanently modyfiying the intake? You are not. It comes with the special intake boot so you dont have to cut it. They give you a whole new boot for it so you can keep your stocker.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Oh sorry for the mis-understanding. You do have to modify the intake. I did it with my bike. It is not really hard and if you ever wanted to change you can always buy a new intake boot. It really no big deal but the boyesen product comes with its own so you dont have to. They have dynos comparing the RAD3 to the V-force on the little add they have. Of course the RAD3 looks like it has a lot more power on the dyno they did, but no one can really tell for sure yet. I dont think either would be a bad choice though. Like i said i have the V-force and made great improvements to the powerband.
Marc

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom