Anyone try the Hotcams Stage 1 or 2 cam for their CRF?

g_man80

Nov 30, 2004
I'm looking for some input on the Hotcams Stage 1 and 2 cams for the CRF450. I'm looking for some more power, but I'm hesitant to put a full exhaust on because of the huge sound increase and the fact that I'm mostly riding in national forest (i'm using the pro moto spark arrestor, screen-in sometimes).

Both the Stage 1 and 2 seem to make improvements throughout the entire rpm range. If anyone has some information or experiences let me know. I'm also considering the power now intake insert. All mods will be utilizing the stock headpipe for now.

Thanks,
G :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The Stage 1 Hot Cam has proven to be the most popular with the majority of our customers. It provides a nice increase in torque through the majority of the rpm range without giving up anything significant at peak RPM. The Stage 2 cam is better matched to big bore engines with a lot of compression that spend a lot of time at higher rpm (DTX racers, long track SuperMoto etc.)

The power now is a waste of money PERIOD. Amazing throttle respone can easily be found by running proper fuel and keeping the jetting sharp.

g_man80

Nov 30, 2004
Thanks for the quick response and good info. Will I be sacraficing some performance gains by running the stock headpipe? I noticed it doesn't change the lift on the exhaust side, so I'm thinking it will be alright.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The stock pipe on the CRF is VERY GOOD and will be an excellent match to the Stage 1 cam.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom