desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Hey boys.... Yeah I am still alive...

I'm thinking about trying the new craze of Supermoto racing. Anyone else take the plunge or thinking about it. Let me know so we can hook up and go out together.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
desert_racer said:
Hey boys.... Yeah I am still alive...

I'm thinking about trying the new craze of Supermoto racing. Anyone else take the plunge or thinking about it. Let me know so we can hook up and go out together.

:cool: YEEEAAAAHHHH BUDDY!!! ;) Workin' on my new wheels as we speak. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I entered a Supermoto race held at the Edison International Field parking lot a few years back. It was an exhibition type race, so there were no skill level classes (I had to race with the fast guys). It was my first time at a Supermoto race, so I was a little surprised when I found out that all rows leave at once. I was lapped just before the checkers in the 90% pavement/ 10% dirt race, but in my own defense, it was a very short track.

In comparison to an off-road type race, my observations were:

Advantages:

1. Not as much energy is expended during a Supermoto
race - you could easily enter several classes.

2. You can still ride with a minor, nagging injury, since the
track isn’t nearly as rough as an off-road type event.

3. You don’t get very dirty.

4. If you have cool looking leathers, you’ll look like a pro. :cool:

Disadvantages:

1. Highsiding in this kind of event is not recommended.
Pavement is hard.

2. Low siding could cause serious raspberries. Cool looking
leathers will help.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Let us know when you go out. Maybe I'll show up and check it out. I've hit the asphalt very hard in my youth and am not looking to repeat th experience personally, but I'll be glad to watch you do it :clue:

I find racing through jagged rocks, cactus and open mines to be much more comforting :yikes:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I super moto every day on my 1150RTP!! Gets a little hairy when drifting though....

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
a454elk said:
I super moto every day on my 1150RTP!! Gets a little hairy when drifting though....

I'm sure you are a trip to watch riding that thing. Jumping trench plates, trying to wheely a 750lbs street cruiser :cool:.

Watching these Escondido and San Diego motorcops on bikes scares the hell out of me.

Them splitting lanes looks like a blind stray dog trying to get accross the freeway in rushhour.

I have had them come up and shake their fingers at me for one reason or another then proceed to bounce their way thru traffic.....

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
desert_racer said:
I have had them come up and shake their fingers at me for one reason or another then proceed to bounce their way thru traffic.....

Well your not supposed to "fade" over the line when you see the chip bike white lining. :yikes:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I went out to the Grange supermoto/cart track in Apple Valley today (without my bike, because they don't allow knobbies on the track). There was only one other group there, and they were leaving, so I could have had the track to myself (if only I had a bike). :(

The track is right next to the offroad riding area near Stoddard Wells Road, which is probably why they don't allow knobby tires (too many riders crashing on the slick surface).

The track is open 7 days a week, 8 am to dusk. For practice days (every day except race day), they alternate carts and bikes every 15 minutes (if there's enough attendance to make it necessary).

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
holeshot said:
I went out to the Grange supermoto/cart track in Apple Valley today (without my bike, because they don't allow knobbies on the track). There was only one other group there, and they were leaving, so I could have had the track to myself (if only I had a bike). :(

The track is right next to the offroad riding area near Stoddard Wells Road, which is probably why they don't allow knobby tires (too many riders crashing on the slick surface).

The track is open 7 days a week, 8 am to dusk. For practice days (every day except race day), they alternate carts and bikes every 15 minutes (if there's enough attendance to make it necessary).

Hey Holeshot... Yeah we went up there last weekend and watched a race. I was supposed to go up tomorrow and practice but the guy that was going with me backed out and I don't want to go alone in case of a mishap. I will be there on the 11th as they are having a bike only practice day and then am going to do my first race at Willow Springs on the 18th.. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom