fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I was just wondering if anyone is using a pipe cage to protect their pipe or have any pics of them. You know, the cage made out of steel tubing that wraps around the pipe and is bolted right to the frame. A guy around here makes them and I figure it is the ultimate in pipe protection. I was thinking of having a cage made, then have my fibergalss guard underneath for protection from rocks and roost. I keep bending my pipe up into my plastics and frame from casing logs and when I fall.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Given your riding conditions you might also think about an extended skid plate. Rather than starting just in front of the engine and running back it would start just in front of the pipe and run back. They are big and collect mud etc but will help protect your pipe and make logs easier to glide over?

I've seen the cages on a couple ice racers and they look like they sould protect farily well.

David

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Mike, that would be awesome if you could send me a pic. [email protected]. Dave, I saw the skidplate you mentioned on Mikeb's bike, but he didnt know where the previous owner got it. Do you have any idea where you can get them, or do you have to make them yourself.

KDXTrreme

Oct 31, 2001
I use Moose Pipe Armor, I love it. It's not a smooth piece of metal, it looks more like a dinosaur backbone that you bend and shape to your pipe. It's made from aluminum and is very light. Plus it has a cool brushed aluminum finish to it!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom