Anyone watching SX?

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
So everyone has lost interest in SX??

I thought the first 3 races were pretty good so far..

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Bubba can't stay on two wheels
RV got messed up on the start today, but other than that is the fastest one out there
RD got KTMs first SX win WhooHOOooo!
CR is the man (I never thought I'd type that).

I think CR is gonna take the title

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
As for interest, yeah, I've lost a lot over the last few years. Guess I'm not the only one, as there were plenty of empty seats at Dodger Stadium.

IMO, RV will win the title again, with Dungey and Reed getting 2nd and 3rd at the end of the season.

RV has had to come from last in 2 out of 3 races so far, and his lap times coming through the field are equal to the leaders who have a clear track. He'll win at least 1/2 of the remaining races and have a big lead going into the final round.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Canard and Morais got together bad today. Big injuries. :(

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Papakeith said:
Canard and Morais got together bad today. Big injuries. :(

From what I read, Canard broke two vertebra in his back but still has 100% feeling in his legs and feet. And Morais broke his jaw.

As far as Stewart not being able to keep in on two wheels, nothing new there, what is new is that when he is on two wheels he is not faster than everyone else.

RV, has had the fastest lap, and the fastest average lap time in all three races. I beleive his average has stayed higher because both races he fell on the first lap, which is only a partial lap and doesn't count toward lap times.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm watching but I HATE watching on CBS. Bunch of fluff and little racing. Too soon to tell who will emerge as the clear leader. Dungey seems to have a fire lit and CR is right there challenging. RV has got to improve his starts, if he does, he may very well take the championship again. Stewart is/will likely be the spoiler but I'm not sure he will stay upright to win the series.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
BSWIFT said:
Stewart is/will likely be the spoiler but I'm not sure he will stay upright to win the series.
He may not win the series, but he will most likely be the one to take out someone who is in contention

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Villopoto was at the front until the Dodger main got red flagged. Getting stuck on that tuff block ruined his chances. The way he is riding, he will run away with it whenever he catches a start.

Canard is the absolute king of bad luck! I hope he bounces back 100% from this one. He has had so many serious injuries, at some point it's gotta slow him down.

Stewart is certainly near the top and will win some races, but he just does not seem to have the speed to gap the field anymore. His pass on Weimer was very agressive, but Weimer was leaving the door wide open.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
2011. The best SX season ever.

2012. Three races in, three different winners on three different brands. This season could top 2011.

RV is on a rail. He has most certainly done his homework on the off-season. If he stays healthy he will take the title.

Speedy never ceases to amaze me. Can always pull one out of his hat. Could make RV work for it.

Dungey fast and consistent. Won't make it easy for RV and 22.

Stewart.....Done. May win a couple but clearly not comfortable on the Yamaha. Seems flustered and making too many mistakes. Lost a lot of respect for him after his take-out move on Weimer. Granted Weimer was taking up a lot of the track but, stuffing him into the tuff blocks was unnecessary, IMO. James has spent too much time being a rock star and it shows on the track. Plus, everyone else has stepped up their game. I see a future for him in Nascrap. Not a good one, but a future.

If you are sitting home this fine Monday, the lites class is coming on the Speed channel at 9:00 AM this morning.

Enjoy. :cool:

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
My DVR didnt get the lites races this morning on speed. Pisses me off. How many different motorcycle racing series do I have to record for this thing to get them all?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
there were plenty of empty seats at Dodger Stadium.

Dave. I think that had more to do with the venue than anything else. Maybe the weather played a part but, NOBODY wants to go to Dodger Stadium also known as Chavez Ravine. It is famous for being a place to get mugged walking from your car to the stadium or being beat up and left for dead. This usually happens during ball games, not so much SX races but the place has a pretty bad name. A1 was sold out and SD will probably be a sell out too.

Never thought it would be safer to go to a motorcycle race than it was to go to a baseball game. :coocoo:

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I really wish Speed would just broadcast all of the races... Not only do I think the cbs broadcasts suck (tons of fluff w/ minimal racing)... 1/2 the time my local cbs affiliate doesn't even show them. For example, when I tuned into cbs this sunday to watch the sx... I got an infomercial for face cream products instead...

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Someone said:
My DVR didnt get the lites races this morning on speed. Pisses me off. How many different motorcycle racing series do I have to record for this thing to get them all?

It also annoys me that they never seem to be named the same thing on my program guide... sometimes it is "ama supercross"... other times it is "motorcycle racing"... another time it may be "monster energy supercross"... just "cbs sports spectacular"... etc... etc...

If they would just be consistent then I would just set my dvr to record all supercross and supercross lites races... and not worry about it.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001

Total actual time for both heat races, LCQ, and final (if there are no delays) is well less than one hour. No excuse why they don't show all the racing on CBS when it is delayed a day and edited.

I don't mind them talking about all the fluff, if they would just do it while they show the racing.

Last week the first heat race was over about 9 minutes after the hour. Then it was just highlights and fluff until the second half of the show.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
As long as we're complaining, who would rather see the racing than watch a guy who just fell down pick up his bike?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
That's one of my biggest gripes too. Great racing going on between three contenders and they spend half a lap watching someone in last place or like Vic say, dusting himself off.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I have to agree, the coverage of the racing is why we tune in.

I just love watching the 19th place guy kickstarting when you can hear the crowd cheering in the surround sound. I don't care if its the battle fro 1st or 6th, if it is good, it should be followed.

I don't need the intros, we know who the players are.

I also have to agree, I tape all keywords on the dvr, so I delete about 80% of what is recorded just so I can get the 2 wheeled dirt racing.

Bubba and the Yamaha is not working,, the rest of the top guys are about where we expect them.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Oakland lites race is on Speed at 5pm today in case you want to check your dvr's. Mine wasn't going to record it.

Arenacross is on right after the lites if you're interested.

SX is on CBS right now, started at noon.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
CBS must have listened, both heat races and the main were aired in their entirety. FINALLY!

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
BSWIFT said:
CBS must have listened, both heat races and the main were aired in their entirety. FINALLY!

Yeah... this broadcast seemed better than past ones. I wonder if they listened to the fans... or maybe they just ran out of "fluff" pieces???

Anyway, pretty good race. I'm kind of surprised that JBS won as he still doesn't look that comfortable on the JGR Yamaha. RV looked like the fastest guy on the track, and I found it odd that he seemed to really fade late in the race after a few failed pass attempts on TuTu. Never been a RD fan, but it is good to see an orange bike actually contending for once (been racing ktm's myself for the last 6 years or so).

I missed last week's race... and didn't realize that Canard had another NASTY crash and resulting really bad injury. He seems like a nice kid... but must have about the absolute worst luck of anyone.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I also was surprised at all the racing CBS included.

Bubba had a great ride. I figured Villopoto was just stalking him and Chad, and would pass them and pull away late in the race. RV just did not seem to have his mojo working.

The track got pretty rutted up, but it looked like the traction during the heat races was incredibly good. RV tripling into the corner, diving to the inside and flat tracking for the pass with the bike leaned way over...that was sweet.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001

Bubba still doesn't look anywhere near as good as he did a few years back, and if you check the lap times, RV and Reed both started slowing earlier than in the previous races this year. RV still had the fastest lap of the race, but it was early,, One race this year he had the fastest lap of the race and it was on lap 18.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
SD in the books, and RV has three wins and a 6 point lead..

Thought CR had him really.. He looked back and didn't protect the corner, and RV wanted it!!!

Bubba down again.. Although almost everyone was having a tough time with the whoops, and he didn't crash hard, just got hung up on the bike and couldn't get up..

What happened to Kdub, he was in 4th when they shifted to the battle between RV and CR, when is was over he was in 16th??

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I think the San Diego whoops got KDub, too. They were nasty.

JBS is in a deep hole, and Dungey just does not seem to have the speed to run with Reed and Villopoto week in and week out.

RV has already had his season quota of horrible starts, yet he still has the championship lead. Looks like Chad will push him, but IMO RV is going to take the title again.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
RV is riding with few mistakes. I think he will have to throw away a race to loose the championship. BTW, KDub thru the whoops was the definition of "huck-a-buck" for sure!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…