Anyone with a 89-94 KDX200 and a camera please HELP!

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
HARRO! :nod: I have been cursed with a KDX200SR, and have spent far too much money to turn back now. So, my exhaust has decided to pepperpot itself to death, it is some Jap make called "pro-skill" so I've ordered a FMF Fatty, anyway, I have reason to believe the SR originally had a bolt on exhaust :yikes: and that a previous owner has had an adaptor made, but looking at pictures of the FMF, it looks as if it sleeves inside the stub and not over like what I have, SO...

... can anyone please, take some photos of their stock / fmf exhaust going into the cylinder and the fitment it requires?

Many Thanks!!!! :cool:

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Either a picture or just anyone that has fitted an FMF to the SR, how did you do it? Just bolted a couple tabs on for the springs or?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I think(!) the 89 I had, the FMF fit over the exhaust port. It has been a few years but I believe you'll be alright. Don't remember a gasket, maybe o-rings.

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
I've seen now that the SR has a bolt on exhaust and R has sprung. Thus I made these up :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Looks Like that should work. Nice.

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Cant wait for this damn bike to just work :p, since I've had it

Ignition coil broke,
CDI broke,
Bore had to be relined
Had to make new power valves
Changed airbox + inlet manifold + made a manifold to fit a 39mm carb
Exhaust filled with diddy holes (re-welded a month ago)
ALL suspension bearings were destroyed

can't wait to just... ride it?

longshore58

Dec 31, 2008
camera pics--1991 KDX-200 + FMF Pipe----->>

Iii

Attachments

• Jan--KDX 016 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 471
  • Jan--KDX 019 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 438

longshore58

Dec 31, 2008
If I recall correctly............

it's been a few years since I installed mine.........the FMF pipe has a rubber O-ring where it inserts into the cylinder head and the exhaust port has a thin copper "crush" gasket.

Good luck with it..............

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Cool, looks like it should fit nicely then! "Awaiting customs charging" is my current exhaust's position :(. I find it odd that it is a copper crush washer though, are the springs enough to do that?!

longshore58

Dec 31, 2008
````

I assume it was engineered that way.

Use a good high temp sealant when you do the final assembly and it will not leak black "spooge" everywhere.

[also maintains correct compression]

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…