Anywhere in the world with dirt riding at least as good as Baja?

pberent

Oct 8, 2019
Hello to all

I have gone with friends on several dirt riding tours with different companies in Baja. Last trip was Ensenada to Cabo. Bikes were Honda 450 CRFs. We are intermediate level riders. Scenery was beautiful, country and people were great, and the riding was amazing - plus tour company caries all bags and provided accommodation and food - really a fantastic trip. We are planning another one - however before definitely deciding to go again to Baja I was wondering if anyone can suggest other potential locations (anywhere) where the riding is as good and at about a similar level of difficulty.
I would be most grateful for any experiences or input.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Hello to all

I have gone with friends on several dirt riding tours with different companies in Baja. Last trip was Ensenada to Cabo. Bikes were Honda 450 CRFs. We are intermediate level riders. Scenery was beautiful, country and people were great, and the riding was amazing - plus tour company caries all bags and provided accommodation and food - really a fantastic trip. We are planning another one - however before definitely deciding to go again to Baja I was wondering if anyone can suggest other potential locations (anywhere) where the riding is as good and at about a similar level of difficulty.
I would be most grateful for any experiences or input.

Thanks in advance.Yeah man, try Dakar, plenty o' good riding there, make sure you have sand tires, a fat credit card account a malaria shot, and you should be good to go!
1cd2b7c5-d07e-41ca-920e-d3707979ec74_1.56dd3709c2acf769c4dbe94ea0e0addc.jpg

Phil

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
On a serious note, it seems places to ride in America are few and between, I remember when you could find a cool park or spot with out having to drive a million miles, just go riding, not camp out. Now one would be hard pressed to find a good spot to enjoy. You may have the best choice of areas to ride off road, but not here in the mid west. Hopefully in the near future people accept off road riding, and try to open up some local areas to ride. Its up to the riders not to ride like mad men, to keep the parks clean, and to keep it cool. Until then, we will have to wait and see...
2133e045e51762f91e18b7c62b9e5a09.jpg

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I assumed you were serious about Dakar. It actually looks pretty cool.
I know there is a Paris to Dakar race that is a big deal out there. You would need a Adventure style bike that holds alot of fuel, Gps, and grub to last you and your buddies for a long fun haul. I think is like an Iron Man style of race. The Dutch have a huge beach race in Holland and its a big deal also, I just bet you could rent a good bike and have a blast there also.....

Top Bottom