Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdogdaddy69

Feb 18, 2008
Man i never thought id see the day that a 4 stroke takes over the mx world. Its sad that the no one could come up with a 2 stroke to take back that title. Ill always ride a 2 stroke no matter what... Long live the 2 Stroke. :nener: :laugh:

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
it sucks, i know. i ride a honda cr 250. if my bike floods, i can pick it back up off the ground and start it. after seeing my cousin struggle trying to get his 4 stroke going again, is terrible. i think with the 4 strokes they have made progress with that though. his is a 2001 and its now 2008 so. the weight is also coming way down for the newer 4 strokes. i still love the sound of 2 strokes. its great listening to them at the pits flying over the whoops. i believe its yamaha who still producing 2 strokes, along with ktm. i was also reaing in my magazine that this company that was popular is the 70's i believe it was was making 2 stroke bikes and showing them off at a prototype show.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
There will always be 2-strokes, until they are banned beyond belief.

I love the sound of a 2-stroke doing a gnarly hill climb or whoops..

I like my 2-stroke, but have no problem riding a 4-stroke, i agree i don't want them to leave, but if it as wheels, and rides on dirt i don't care if its a 10-stroke.

But i will always have my 83' Kx250 even for my kids to ride =P they have to experience a 2-stroke.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
Moparman1539 said:
I love the sound of a 2-stroke doing a gnarly hill climb or whoops..QUOTE]

i love that sound of whoops and i love listening to people wind them up climbing up a big hill. even when im riding my bike i love listening to it.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
so old guys that cant ride get to do away with our 2 strokes?
- why dont they add a inline cat converter- if thats the big reason why they got rid of them-
the great oils we have for them now- and the stop production :|

so alcohol- methanol, methane- top fuel- ect... --- are they all at risk as well?????????????

HOW ABOUT GETTING RID OF CRAPPY DIESEL BUSES- THEY SMOKE MORE THAN A 2 STROKE :yell:

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
maaco, is making 320 and 500 cc and i think even a 7 hundred something two strokes, they all go into production sometime next year i think, and husky has the 125 still, im pretty sure the article was in mxa

Remy01

Sep 10, 2007
i heard that Honda is releasing a cr144 that they say will be able to compete with the 250'f. i think that it's pretty much just a bored out 125...

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Remy01 said:
i heard that Honda is releasing a cr144 that they say will be able to compete with the 250'f. i think that it's pretty much just a bored out 125...
Why would they do that when a 250 2T can compete against the 250f?

makyz125

Oct 3, 2007
AMA amature class - the 250 2t and 250f will race in the same class. The pro class is still screwed.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Bigdogdaddy69 said:
Man i never thought id see the day that a 4 stroke takes over the mx world. Its sad that the no one could come up with a 2 stroke to take back that title. Ill always ride a 2 stroke no matter what... Long live the 2 Stroke. :nener: :laugh:

Yep. Their done. :cool:

It's about time too. :nener:

Only good for weedwackers. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom