Are there any good trails around Sacramento?

know_fear

May 19, 2000
We're going to be camping near Marysville Ca. (just north of Sacramento) for a while and I don't know if I should take the bike or not. Can some of the locals fill me in on riding areas? What would I need in the way of permits and do I need to worry about a "green sticker" if the whole bike is green :D

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Marysville has a nice track just outside of town. There are also some really nice trail systems with in a 45 minute drive of town. Check out the website suggested in this post to you. It'll give you some nice options. You can probably get some of the crew to hook up with you even... ;)

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Also down Hwy90 from the race track is some free riding areas to tool around at. About 10 or more acres. Also how far are you willing to go to ride from marysville? Oroville also has some riding areas.

PK

Feb 27, 2000
If your willing to drive about an hour from Marysville, there are quite a few places to ride. Stonyford is an hour east and a great place to ride. Foresthill is an hour west and is also a blast. You won't need a green sticker since your not from California, just carry your drivers license with you. One thing you may not be aware of is that we don't get much rain this time of year so it can be dusty. It shouldn't be much of a concern if your riding with one or 2 other people, but anymore than that you better be faster than the rest of em' or you'll sucking dust. Here is the link to the local MX track.
www.marysvillemx.com

Pat

lmaddux

Jun 18, 2002
There are 2 tracks in the town of Marysville, one free the other costs but is watered and groomed with lights for night riding. The free track is called "E street" and is underneath the E-street bridge on highway 70. The other is Riverfront park underneath the 10th street bridge between Marysville and Yuba City.
As mentioned in the other posts, there is Foresthill out side of Auburn, Downiville off highway 20, Stonyford to the west and to the north is a little riding area in Orland.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…