DRN Nor Cal Elkins Flat Adventure

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Back by popular demand.......

23-25 April 2004 looks like a pretty good weekend for our :worship: pilgrimage to Elkins Flat.

The reason I choose this weekend is because on Sunday 17 April there is a D36 enduro. The CC guys are on break.... so lets breakout for a good weekend of riding....

If you would like to get trail maps of the Elkins Flat and Gold Note / Pipi ridng area give the Amador Ranger District office a call and they will mail you the maps.

Get the skinny here!

26820 Silver Drive
Pioneer, CA 95666
209-295-4251
TTY 209-295-5996
FAX 209-295-5998
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday
(Extended Summer Hours: Mon.-Sat.)

If you would like to camp in a camp ground that is very close to the Elkins Flat staging area check out this link. http://www.reserveusa.com/nrrs/ca/pipi/#areas
http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/eldorado/fi...ers/river01.htm

Here are directions to Elkins Flat staging area.
From the San Francisco Bay Area, take 580 East to 205, and then follow 205 until it turns into I-5 North.
Stay in the right lane on I-5 and exit on 120 East.
Exit Highway 120 and go north at Highway 99.
Exit Highway 99 and go east at Highway 88.
Follow Highway 88 to and through the town of Jackson.
Go left at Omo Ranch Road.
Take the very next right on North South road.
Follow North South road to and past PIPI Valley campground.
The next camping area past PIPI Valley campground is Elkins Flat.

Here is a link to view the Pipi / Gold Note trail net work. This side of the mountain is has some really nice trails. There is a trail that connects Elkins Flat to Gold Note side. http://www.4wdriver.com/regions/reg...ca-goldnote.gif

This should be enough info to get things started...... :yeehaw:

Rick

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I'll join you for a day or 2 up there MrWr. Snow melt and Elkins are good riding conditions.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Sounds fun. I'm up for some good long rides, and I remeber how nice Elkins was that time of year. I'll keep checking in as the weekend gets closer. I'm sure happykelly & aggrojim will be in, too.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I would like to join the ride as well. (as long as I don't damage myself at the Sawmill Enduro!) I ride Elkins about 6 or 7 times a year and know it well. Anyone coming up 50 and accessing Elkins from the Placerville area and needs directions, I can meet them somewheres and lead the way. Lots of ways to get on the wrong path if the approach is from the North.

SHANKAT

Nov 20, 2003
Hey whats up I just moved to Camino and would love to go riding at ELkins flat. Just bought a new bike and would love to ride with someone who knows the area. Message me back.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Jim,

Yep..... they're locked in stone.......rain, snow or dust.......it's a go!

Kevin (kali's better half) will also be attending..

ProjectBoy

Feb 20, 2001
Count me and few new riding buddies in for Sunday the 25th.
I lost my buddy Dean to Australia so i've wrangled a few new guys who haven't been there yet and are anxious to go. I got a saturday family thing but may show Sat. night for a camp fire story or two. See ya there...
STEVE :aj:

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Change in plan for me, I can't make it up Friday / Saturday. :whiner:

If things work out maybe I can get up there Saturday nite.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Rick,
Do you still park and camp in the same place as before? It's been 2 years since I've been there. I may come with some friends with a trailer.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
FYI, I'm not going. I'm taking friday off & doing a full day at Miami Creek. Can't pull a whole weekend.

Top Bottom