Are Trelleborgs worth the money?

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I have never ridden on them but wonder if they a big improvement over screws. Has anybody here used them? If so, what is your opinion?

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by Jackpiner57
I have never ridden on them but wonder if they a big improvement over screws. Has anybody here used them? If so, what is your opinion?

I rode with them all last winter. I'd be doing the same this winter, except with 30+ inches on the ground, the snow is just too deep!

For trail riding (ice racing is another story) I think they are worth the money. Screws tend come out or get rounded off under trail conditions and require constant monitoring. With the Trelleborgs you just ride. Traction is better too. They are also enduro/HS competion legal where screws are not. With care, a set should last several seasons.

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Thanks BRush, I think I'll get some for next year because we also have too much snow for trail riding right now.
What is the hot setup for ice racing? Big pointy spikes installed in worn out knobbies? If so, where do you get them?
I've never ice raced but I would love to try it.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Another option is Michelins by moto rece. I got a set and have used them this winter. A bit less money than Trelle's.

Check them out at this website, you can order them from them.

www.lansingcycle.com

I have some pictures of them in my gallery too if you want to see them.

SpoogeMooge

Feb 19, 2002
Trelleborgs are worth every penny. I have 15 great riding days since I bought them in late November. No studs have been lost yet, the tires seem to be in 95% condition. I plow my track after each snow leaving a layer of ice and frozen mud. Perfect conditions for Trelleborgs!

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Thanks FretT and SpoogeMooge. Fred your pics are numerous! Good ones too, but I could not find pics of the Michelin studded tires. I tried Michelin's corporate website but no luck. I'll keep searching. - Tom

2002 KDX200

tricci

May 14, 2002
I haven't been able to find any information on the net about the Michelin studded tires either.

If someone finds something can you please post it.

thanks,

Top Bottom