Are two strokes able to trail ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiderOfTrails

Aug 3, 2008
I have a question that has probably been asked before. Can two stroke bikes be used for trail/enduro? :bang: Well I dont know you tell me! And also if you think they are is a 1984 model able to? Thanks for your input!

KIWI KDX

Apr 21, 2008
hell yes they can!!
2 strokes are grate fro trail riding( for riders with skill that is, if
you have none stick to a 4 stroke....HA HA)
keep your eyes out for an old KDX, they are strong bikes and if you can find a 250
they have good bottom end torque.

hope this helps.

89RM

Jun 22, 2008
I ride strictly trails on my RM250, I ride in the mountains and out in the fields. As for the age bit I trail rode my 72 TS185 for years. Sure it was dated, but it was still a blast. The KDXs are great for woods, you should also keep your eye out for an old KTM

pncstod

Jun 8, 2008
Two strokes rock on trails. I have a YZ250 i trail ride with. I had a 4 stroke 450 that would overheat a lot in tight trails. They make a lot of heat and if you slow down or idle it at all they tend to get hot quick. I traded my 4 stroke for my current two stroke. Im 37 and grew up riding two strokes so i am used to them. I am just starting to ride again after about 12 years off. I am riding with my son now so i cant have something that will overheat all the time when i have to go slow or wait up for my son. Anyone who tells you you can't trail ride a two stroke is nuts.....

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
pncstod said:
Anyone who tells you you can trail ride a two stroke is nuts.....
Boy that sentence doesn't fit the rest of the paragraph. :nener:

kschilk

Jul 9, 2008
There are some advantages to trailriding a 4-stroke.

1. You never have to ride alone...on a 4, you couldn't even outrun a turtle with an attitude so you won't be pulling-away from anybody.
2. You can't get lost....everybody within a 20 mile radius can hear exactly where you are and the heat plume can easily be seen from space.
3. They're easy on gas....hardly running long enough to use any. If it weren't for 4-strokes, there wouldn't be cell phones and tool paks.
4. You never have to worry about crashing....since a crash usually requires at least a minimal amout of forward speed.
5. You never have to worry about keeping-up or making the hills....nobody expects you to.
6. You can brag about how cool it sounds....like a loooong, wet beer-fart. (heh-heh...he said "fart", heh-heh)
7. Unless you take after 'em with a grinder, you'll never wear-down a rear knobby.
8. You can easily recognize your riding buddies, even in a huge crowd....as long as you see them at a long distance and from the back.
9. You never have to worry about the hassles that come with having a hot girlfriend....they've all run-off with those manly 2-stroke guys.
10. They make people happy....every time you see a 4-stroke, there's always a crowd around it....pointing and laughing. :laugh:

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
+1,000,000, and you forgot the extreme weight reduction, they take all that extra bulk out of your wallet

May 10, 2007
LOL that gave me a good chuckle.

but yea 2 strokes can be ridden on trails. the KDX is a trail 2 stroke and KTM has its EXC(older) and XC and XC-W line that are also made for trails. i really like a 2 stroke better because its lighter. when i try my buddy's bikes the weight bothers me. i just like feeling lighter in the woods.

VISaki

May 25, 2008
2 strokes are the best trail bikes period..and thats final. suspension is great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom