D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Anybody been to Argyll Park MX track recently? Is it still an "outdoor" style track or did they put in a bunch of jumps? Is it groomed well?

matte

Jan 1, 2002
We rode there 2 weeks ago. The track was okay. Only one fairly
good tabletop jump (a little too short though). The other jumps
were pretty small. They obviously don't groom daily, but I've seen
worse. Personally I like jumps and think AP could use more,
but if you consider them a minus, you'll probably like it there.
Prairie City is much better but I will go to AP occasionally for
variety.

My biggest complaint is how little effort they put into the mini
track. They have space to make a pretty decent one, but
hadn't bothered to lay anything out that was worth riding for
my son the day we were there.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
It really hasnt changed that much in the last 10yrs or so Ive been riding there. I usually go there every weekend at least one day. Just because its so close. But believe it or not they groom it pretty much every morning on Fri, Sat and Sun. They try to groom it around 9:00AM. It opens at 8:00AM so I wish they would do it a little earlier. If you go later in the day all they do is water it and it gets smooth and slick. But in the last year they have started mixing rice hulls into the dirt to make it a little better. If you go on Sat or Sun afternoon it will be very busy. Thats why I usually go on Friday because there are only about 6 people and the track stays nice longer. Hangtown is definitely a better track even though most or all of the doubles are gone. Oh yea the mini track is good for little kids that go slow. Its pretty boring and messed up for anyone else.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
Sounds like it's worth visiting for me. I don't care much for jumps but I'll try the low-risk ones. Gonna have to try to do a shoot and scoot day of sporting clays at Birds Landing and MX at Argyll Park.

I raced at Hangtown once. Probably would have been a nice track without the layer of pea soup on it that day. Are you telling me it's open for practice as part of the Prarie City OHVA?

matte

Jan 1, 2002
>I raced at Hangtown once. Probably would have been a nice track without
>the layer of pea soup on it that day. Are you telling me it's open for practice
>as part of the Prarie City OHVA?

The Hangtown track is open for regular practices but only on certain days.
I think the current schedule is Sat/Sun/Mon from 9-3 and Wednesday 1-5
or something like that. The track is operated by AMP racing (www.ampracing.com). They charge you $15 which gives you access to
both the track and the rest of PC OHV. As far as I can tell they
-completely- regroom the track for each practice day, just as if it was a
race day, not just a quick pass over the easily accessible parts. I wish
we had 3 or 4 more tracks in the area that were as well laid out and
maintained as Hangtown/PC.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom