19 270 Nathan H Skaggs Bainbridge, OH Honda CRF250R
20 412 Levi W Kilbarger Logan, OH Honda CRF250R
21 321 Chad E Ward Cleveland, AL Kawasaki KX250F
22 2 Ryan Villopoto Poulsbo, WA Kawasaki KX250F

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
And with a Honda sweep, too!

It's a shame Ferry went down. He always comes on strong at the end and might have challenged Davi.

And Canard dominated the Lites. Hopefully Villopoto's wrist is OK after his crash.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
No results up to copy yet for the SX main but what a night all around. Some impressive rookie performances the most notable being Canard winning his debut race! Austrailian Jake Moss sounded impressive as well running second until a couple of laps left.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
SX Main Results

1 118 David D Millsaps Tallahassee, FL Honda CRF450R
2 14 Kevin W Windham Centreville, MS Honda CRF450R
3 29 Andrew T Short Smithville, TX Honda CRF450R
4 15 Timmy M Ferry Largo, FL Kawasaki KX450F
5 25 Nathan Ramsey Menifee, CA Yamaha YZ450F
6 22 Chad Reed Tampa, FL Yamaha YZ450F
7 24 Charles J Summey Huntersville, NC Yamaha YZ450F
8 42 Paul P Carpenter Ithaca, NYHonda CRF450R
9 12 David Vuillemin Murrieta, CA Suzuki RM-Z450
10 37 Jason W Thomas Melrose, FL Honda CRF450R
11 39 Ryan D Clark Waddell, AZ Honda CRF450R
12 13 Heath D Voss Mico, TX Honda CRF450R
13 256 Bryan K Johnson Cairo, GA Honda CRF450R
14 27 Nicholas A Wey Dewitt, MI KTM 450SX
15 66 Jacob Marsack Berlin, MI Honda CRF450R
16 53 Cole T Siebler Emmett, ID Honda CRF450R
17 43 Jeff Gibson Blacklick, OH Kawasaki KX450F
18 100 Joshua Hansen Murrieta, CA Yamaha YZ450F
19 40 Joshua R Hill Yoncalla, OR Yamaha YZ450F
20 44 Troy K Adams Homosassa, FL Honda CRF450R

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Hopefully with these guys getting some wins they will start to have the confidence to charge after Reed. Could be some great racing the last handful of rounds.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Wow, here goes my points for this week... :| I'm really glad Millsaps won this one, he really showed he can be up there during the last few races.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
Sounded like a good one, awesome for Millsaps and Canard. Did they ever talk to Reed or Villopoto? I had to put the kid down and missed the aftershow. DV12 let Carpenter by in the last couple laps and cost me a tie for first in the fantasy league, oh well. Hope Villopoto is ok but it didn't sound too good.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Hopefully CBS will show some of the altercation between Preston and Sorby in the heat race and LCQ. Based on the webcast, Sorby blatantly took out Preston about 1/2 way through the heat race. Preston got up, and caught up on the last lap and knocked Sorby off the track. Then they continued in the LCQ, with neither making the main event.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dang. I tried not to look. I really did.
First time this season I've peeked at a spoiler thread. :(

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Okiewan said:
Dang. I tried not to look. I really did.
First time this season I've peeked at a spoiler thread. :(
Well,it is about time! Do you have your ladle prepared? You know, if you look at the timed practice, it looks more like what I expect the race to finish. Of course minus issues. CR I am sure has another in his long and illustrious career of sniveling. Honda sweep, been awhile. New kids in lites class. Wonder what happened to NI, he is fast! i was watching Nicoletti play games with the Canadians and he did not fare well in the race.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
Hopefully CBS will show some of the altercation between Preston and Sorby in the heat race and LCQ. Based on the webcast, Sorby blatantly took out Preston about 1/2 way through the heat race. Preston got up, and caught up on the last lap and knocked Sorby off the track. Then they continued in the LCQ, with neither making the main event.

I can't believe Preston let Sorby get to him like that. :coocoo: He will be lucky not to lose his ride.

Way to go team Honda. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
BigRedAF said:
He fell but came back a few prior to the end. 450's on TV in 20 minutes. :cool:
Except here in Atlanta. As usual, SX pre-empted for more important "paid programming."

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
dirt bike dave said:
And with a Honda sweep, too!

It's a shame Ferry went down. He always comes on strong at the end and might have challenged Davi.

And Canard dominated the Lites. Hopefully Villopoto's wrist is OK after his crash.
Ferry looked good, but never had the speed of DM, KW, or CR. Kevin had the speed in his heat; I thought he might be ready to outrace Chad in the main. Davi followed CR close for the first half of their heat, but let Chad pull a gap by the end.

I fear the worst for Ryan; he got hit hard. I hear that Chad may have hurt himself when he pile-drove his front wheel into the the floor. It was a pretty hard hit, as well. 10'straight down.

I've always believed that Bubbles was a buffoon; now everyone else knows it too. The track he designed was both ridiculous and unsafe. The results may not indicate it, (there were some excellent battles,) but this was the worst race I've ever attended.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
I loved the pay back that Travis did, reminds me of #3 and RCR racing!

Travis only has a deal to finish out the season so don't worry about him losing this ride, it's already gone. He can open some eye's if he gets in the top 10 each week but I don't think his head is in the game.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
SpDyKen said:
I've always believed that Bubbles was a buffoon; now everyone else knows it too. The track he designed was both ridiculous and unsafe. The results may not indicate it, (there were some excellent battles,) but this was the worst race I've ever attended.

FWIW, they interviewed Bubba a bit on the webcast. Apparently, he DID NOT include the wall jumps and the sand on his design. He said those things were added later (by others) because the lap times were too short. Bubba joked the lap times would have been '30 seconds' without the changes.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
SpDyKen said:
I fear the worst for Ryan; he got hit hard. I hear that Chad may have hurt himself when he pile-drove his front wheel into the the floor. It was a pretty hard hit, as well. 10'straight down.

On the webcast, they said RV got up holding his wrist in obvious pain. Sounded like he initially acted like his race was over, then later started his bike like he was going to rejoin the race to salvage a point or two, but quickly pulled off. Broken or sprained wrist, maybe?

Reed's lap times slowed down considerably after his crash. If he can race full warrior speed with a seperated shoulder, he must be hurt bad.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Far and away, the best part of the evening was RC doing 3 laps on an RM250 2T. He did some serious whips and a very cool can-can. He looked to be having a great time, and we all were digging it to!

The RM sounded great, that is, until Chad fired up his 450 to join him. Couldn't hear the GOAT's bike anymore after that!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I sure enjoyed the pre race interview with Reed. Seemingly he should not have brought it on. Being in first place and being the first to blast through that wall was a bad idea!

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
2 Questions...

Anyone here yet on Reed or RV? Hopefully all is well, but it's been a tough year for the factory guys. We're going to be seeing some good hard working privateers on the podium by the end of the season if this keeps up!! :coocoo:

Anyone think Millsaps interview sort of eluded to some troubles at the Milsaps training facility or troubles with his folks? Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but it sure looked and sounded like he wanted to say something, but didn't get far into it. :think:

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
dirt bike dave said:
FWIW, they interviewed Bubba a bit on the webcast. Apparently, he DID NOT include the wall jumps and the sand on his design. He said those things were added later (by others) because the lap times were too short. Bubba joked the lap times would have been '30 seconds' without the changes.
He designed this truck for no one else but Chad Reed. :laugh:

Top Bottom