Atomic 200cc

thekersh86

Jun 22, 2008
Hey fellas,

First post here, hoping some of you guys can help me out. I just found a local bike for sale, and was wondering if it was a good deal.

It's a 2005 Atomic 200cc dirtbike with about 450 miles. The gentleman selling it is asking 1200, but is willing to negotiate. The bike looks like its in top shape, so I'm not expecting it to last long. I had some trouble looking up Atomic online, I was trying to learn about the company and the quality of their products.

What is everyone's thoughts on this bike? I'm a new rider, never ridden before, and I'm looking for something cheap with a small engine that will basically get me from home to school/work.

I'm about 6'2", 160lbs (a beanstalk), and I plan on mostly road time with some light offroading.

I appreciate any and all help you guys can give, thanks in advance.

thekersh86

Jun 22, 2008
So I'm guessing a 2007 Verucci 200cc is in the same boat as the Atomic? And these aren't even good for a beginner bike?

I'm totally new to all of this, so sorry for any stupid questions. Any and all help is appreciated.

I'm looking at spending about $1000, maybe up to $1500.

The only requirement I have for a bike is street legal.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
If you want a good, easy, name brand bike look for a KLX250R, DRZ250/400, XR anything. They are all pretty cheap, and reliable, if you can find a used one and they are street legal. The xr will be easier to find. And all should be within your price range.

If you wanted something more sporty faster, a more off road orientated then you can look for a , the CRF250X/450X, and WR250F/450F but that out of your price range.

thekersh86

Jun 22, 2008
How hard is it to make a bike street legal? Are there kits you can buy and such? I'm finding a lot of used bikes in my price ranger, but no luck on the street legal versions. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, how hard would it be to convert it?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…