Attention Colorado Riders

MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
I have lurned that a new Supercross Track is being built in black forest. It is going to have 30 loads of clay dirt and is being built by Tod Banister. Many local pros will be riding the track all summer long and it should be done by the end of may or sooner. More information about the track will come later.

ezrider

Aug 20, 2002
Sounds like a great track. I also have seen that lakewood is building a new track. Should be sweet

EZRIDER

pcrable

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2002
Great News since I live right outside of Black Forest !

As soon as you have info, I would appreciate hearing about it...

How does a guy in Washington hear about this before the locals ?

--Phil

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Nice another new track. Supercross no less, my favorite. Not just Berthoud to practice on now.

Erik
2002 CR250

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by ezrider
Sounds like a great track. I also have seen that lakewood is building a new track. Should be sweet

EZRIDER

Where?

You talking about Thunder Valley? Over on C-470 and I-70. That's been around for years, they are doing improvments to it. (they did a water system last summer)

The track has been (historically) in pretty bad shape. They used a lot of "fill" dirt to make the jumps. There were areas with junk/glass/wire etc...

They had the four stroke nationals last summer and they did a lot of work to bring it up to snuff.

Or are we talking about some place else?

atp

Jan 10, 2000
actually Rodzilla there is a new track, directly across C-470 from Bandimre. I have seen a few people out there practicing. Don't know anything more though.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by atp
actually Rodzilla there is a new track, directly across C-470 from Bandimre. I have seen a few people out there practicing. Don't know anything more though.

Nice I'll have to take a look,

Unfortunately that is awfully close to the neighborhoods out there, I'll bet it will be pretty short lived. :ugg: Bandimere has been there forever and they are looking to move it. I can't imagine a track is going to have a lot of support.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I wonder if Bandimere owns or runs the track. out, Also do you think it is someone personal track? EZrider was telling me about it and I assumed he was talking about thunder valley also.

Erik

pcrable

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2002
The original post for this said the track would be in Black Forest... unless there's more than 1 Black Forest in Colorado (maybe ?) that would put it east and north of Colorado Springs and south and east of Castle Rock... that wouldn't even be close to Bandemere...

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Right you are.

But the second post (EZRIDER) noted a *new* track over by Bandimere on the other side of the highway and south of Thunder Valley. :confused:

Thats only about 10 minutes from home, if I'm heading as far south as Black Forest, I'm going to Rampart or Woodland, I like trees much more than tracks :eek: (OK I'm a sissy)

Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Are you sure that is a track across from Bandimere? Isn't there an area that bikes have been riding illegally near there? Cops have been raiding them. There was an area near E-470 and Jordan near me that I have ridden. It looked sort of like a very small Watkins but it was eventually shut down for illegal riding.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…