ATTN OHIO RIDERS: Date for a local Team HS?

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
Hey guys i head dennis say something about wanting to hold a Team HS down on our local HS Track. When do we wanna do this, i am game, but i clame rich on my team, j/k. i think this would be fun. we can make it like a 2 day event. one day we can go and tear up richland, that night we can have a bon fire/ drinkfest, and we can have a team HS the second day. what do u think? let us know so we can plan and make some new trails. :p

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Hey Prez, hasn't there been like 2-3 inches of snowfall since this morning? Didn't you just say last week that you hated riding in the snow? (After breaking your thumb in a snowy hare scramble?) How about March? :)

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
hey march is good for me, gives us plenty of time to find some hard assed trail to make rich fall down, that is the goal, make him fall at least once in the day.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
now you guys certainly remember the last time we tried to put something like this together. Dave broke his ribs on the practice track. We had poor Jewell drive all the way up here from cincinnati only to leave early without his buddy who got a room in county for the night. It was so blasted hot that I couldn't see straight and I ended up fouling a plug on the KDX, the only plug I've ever fouled! Plus andrew got to thinking he could climb the highwalls by the lake hole but wussed out ;)

Maybe it's best left unscheduled :silly:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
well now jeff that u have said something about it u have jinxed the whole event, and everyone is gonna worry about gettin hurt, good job:mad:

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
This time I'll come with a more dependable companion. I vote for early march. Richland was the ultimate in trail riding. I must go again! Plus you guys made a much better rider out of me than anyone ever has.

Last edited:

rwcwoh

Mar 1, 2000
Hey guys!
The team h/s sounds like fun. If you could connect Jeff's trails w/more of the same I would more likely to ride over my head and crash more often like Dennis, or Dave "the rib cracker"!!:debil:

Right now my bike is torn apart for winter maintenance , and boy I have put off some things a little too long , like swingarm and linkage bearings, headset bearings , shock oil change, blah blah blah...

The bike should be back together in a week or so , and I will be ready to ride or freeze my ass off!

Dennis if you are out there, I raced your grandma and I am indeed a better driver! :confused:

dko36

Jan 14, 2002
Hey, I would love to do another team h/s! I also love Richland Furnace, bonfires, and drinkfests. :confused:

Is this open to others? I know 3 or 4 others who also live for this stuff.

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
Count me in. Rich I have your heated grips. I need to take a dy and finish up the bike so I'll be ready after the next snow fall. You guys know we usually still have snow in March. Are studded tires allowed:p Tim

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sure dko, everyone's invited, kind of an open inviation event. We tried something like this last year (southern ohio spodefest?) and had a pretty decent turnout, this year we're hoping for another great ride.

BTW, since jason's sandbagging already I call dennis for my team, he'll be the secret weapon :p

I promise I'm faster on the GG than I was on the KDX, I surely couldn't be much slower

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Jeez Jeff I thought you were going to collage. Not learning much are you. You've seen me ride. Well maybe we can make a few bucks for blocking certain people. :)
Timmy Honey if we ride a Jeff's the studds( like me) will be ok but if we ride the other place it's about 4 mi down the county road.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
ah not so anymore dennis, we've located the elusive shortcut trail to richland, it's all woods now :)

now we all saw you cruise up the pipeline hill with nary a problem, I think you're holding out for the right time to break out that mad speed :confused:

mgorman

May 8, 2000
Sounds like fun. Hopefully I can bring a few NEO people down. There is a series up here called BUCCS )buddy up crosscountry series). The schedule and info can be found at www.buccs.tv

They also have solo classes and are run on saturdays. The right phone call to the track owner might let people stay the night and ride sunday. They had one at crow canyon, site of the gncc race. includes motcross track.

Jewell

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
You guys can count me out of the competition. I just want to chill behind Dennis and watch the mayhem.

Found the short cut to Richland? Sweet! My little 125 was working pretty hard on the road there.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
we were thinking of making a plaque should anyone happen to skid into the creek while crossing the bridge, the creek will be permanently named for the rider who ends up in it :)

I was also thinking of finding the tree that dave hit to break his ribs and carving his initials in it for him, as a momento.

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
man this is starting to turn out nicely. i kinda like that plaque thing, but i think it should be for another title, i haven't figured out what yet. Rich we are trying now to figure out a way to link everything together, so don't u worry, i am making u crash, even if u are on my team:p . jewell i don't think we met last time u were down so i hope to meet u for this event. we'll let everyone know what is going on, what date and how far along we are in the development of the new track. TIm i think studded tires are out of the question, hopefully there will be no snow:think

rwcwoh

Mar 1, 2000
Jason I won't let you down, if nessecery I will crash into you as I cross the finish line for the win!! I aim to please :cool:

As for studded tires, only those who can't handle the uncertain traction of knobbies would think of using them!! :)

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
You've definitely got all the elements of a great Harescramble course back there. Count me in! As long as we have the party After the race. :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
the planned festivities incude a bench racing session by a bon fire, with plenty of adult soda to go around, for those whom are legal of course :confused:
Plenty of falling down/passing out/camping room available as well.
Any suggestions as to what kind of beverages to stock up on? We were thinking plenty of blue ribbon beer for the freeloaders, uh or guests :)

Last edited:

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
So is there a set date for this yet?

as far as we know it is gonna be in march, as for an exact date we are still working on it, we do know it will be a 2 day event w/ a bon fire in between day one and day two. :)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
RM250boy, Someone

John, Jeff, I haven't heard from you guys since dirtweek, come on I know you'll read this post, think you'll be able to attend the ride this spring?

Firemedic530

Nov 12, 2000
I have gotten sooooooooo used to just pushing a button that the studded tires are a no brainer for me;) I'm just a happy lazy guy:confused: Tim

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…