Attn: Pensacola/FWB area riders

HUSKwKDX

Oct 4, 2001
The man just closed one of the best riding spots around here mainly because of the idiotic behavior of a stupid few. Cooper Basin was a great place to ride and now it's closed!!! :bang: I know of talk for a legal riding spot coming next year, but I want to go riding now! Can anyone tell me of any riding spots nearby the Florida panhandle? Tight trails for two wheels is what we ride. Later.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
There's some trails off Avalon Rd. between Pensacola and Milton (closer to Milton actually). Just head down Avalon Rd. and you'll see a huge antennae (a/c, radio tower, cell, I don't know...100'+ anyway). There's an industrial area built up around that antennae...just park underneath it. I used to ride there a couple times a week. Not too bad if you live close.

HUSKwKDX

Oct 4, 2001
JBoomer,

I'm familiar with "Avalon" but sources tell me that it has been closed by the man also. The latest news on Cooper Basin is that it will be off-limits to 4WD trucks and 4 wheelers. Motorcyles are OK as long as we stay in the trees and off the grated parts. (Straight from the deputy's mouth.) :cool: I forsee a big controversy-a-brewin!! I know it's not as good as the Meridian riding area (been there, loved it) but you would like the Basin area! We also have really nice beaches nearby! :yeehaw:

HUSK

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
Husk,
What is the Meridian area? I have a friend who just moved to Gulf Shores AL that I'll be visiting with bikes and he's looking for places to ride. I've seen bikes getting hauled around MS but didn't know where they go. I wanna ride in those pine trees.
Bob

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
We've got a pretty decent trail network run by a local group on the south end of town. Good for a couple hours of riding, by then you've pretty much seen them all. If you're heading up this way, I can give you directions.

Avalon was OK if I was aching to ride, but didn't want to spend any money. That's a shame that it's closed. I tought 2 friends and my wife how to ride motorcycles there. I remember hearing that they were threatening to close it, due to all of the illegal dumping (trash). It sucks because it wasn't the people riding there that was doing the dumping. Then of course the people that refused to stay out of the dirt pits.....
You all do have West Florida MX! That's one of my favorite tracks. That guy builds the most amazing jumps! I can't wait to go back. I kick myself constantly for not riding there more when I lived in P'cola. No excuse since he's open every weekend.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…