Awesome riding land available near by real chaep

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Lori - I'm not really doing a comparison, but since you opened it up...

NYC will never separate itself from the rest of the state. Where would all the tax dollars come from to keep the gov't giveaway programs going?

Washington had a lot more public riding land than any state I've lived in, except for maybe Arizona. They did have an ORV registration program and you had land to ride on. Imagine that, tax dollars at work.

That "silly" tag doesn't work for NETRA enduros or turkey runs. It probably won't work at some ECEA enduros either. I'd rather get a "real" plate through Vermont.

Property taxes depend on where you live, but the state income tax was a lot less in Illinois. Trust me on this one. Also Texas and Washington have no state income tax.

Vehicle inspection is a joke in any state. It's designed to keep those POS vehicles that are polluting the environment off the road. It doesn't work... ANYWHERE!

Registration may be cheaper, but that was offset when they jacked up our car insurance rates. On the bright side it's only $50/year to insure my bike vs. $70 in Illinois.

Shall I talk about utilities... naw, we all know we're getting screwed over there so we can send more electricity to Kalifornia because CARB has tied their hands and they can't add diesel-electric peaker plants.

In short, there's no one "perfect" place to live. There are trade-offs no matter where you live. Utopia does not exist! The best thing to do is stick together, go riding and flip Hillary the bird. ;)

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
The best thing to do is stick together, go riding and flip Hillary the bird.

:p Woodrider I will take part in some of that! Every chance I get

Weimedog: Good to hear from you again, Been on the old VOR much?
I had to retire mine, for a pumpkin.
:cool: Guess it's time to change my S/N

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
VOR, yes its been run hard for a lot of hours with very little service because of time constraints. I will be picking up a new VOR 450 Enduro this week...E-Start, better suspension setup for these tight eastern conditions, low seat height, VERY low Center of Gravity....just what this new place of our demands with all that single track with mud rocks and roots. My Western Setup V-Cross is geared too tall. Looking forward to the new experience.

Hope all goes well with your new Orange toy. Its always nice to be able to break one of those new rides in. Keep in touch.:)

Last edited:

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
here on the coast of nc, property is unreal (that's why there is nowhere to ride) we just bought into a neighborhood where a renovated 1920's 2400ft2 house on a 50x100 piece of land yes, 50x100 just sold for 275,000.

Top Bottom