Slinky

Dec 15, 2005
I just went out and bought a 94 model kx125, its pretty clean apparently it just sat under a sheet for most of its life and only got about 20 hours riding. It was traded into a bike dealer near me and they said they replaced the fork rings/seals (I dont know heaps about bikes only just started riding so im not sure which one it was), and gave it a general service topped up oil, brake fluids etc. I got it home and after riding for about 40 minutes i noticed a fair amount of black fluid leaking and occasionaly spraying out of the back brake, where the brake cable ( or hydraulic hose?) runs along the swingarm and is crimp sealed into the brake. The fluid is thin substance and doesnt smell like oil . I dunno if maybe thats meant to happen to release pressure or there miht have been a bit too much brake fluid in there from being topped up. I read another article like this but id dint get any answers, my brakes are still working and im pretty certain thats where the fluids coming from so if someone could tell met if thats normal or needs fixing or even what it is it would be much appreciated.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
positive its coming out of the brake line?? sounds like spooge spraying out of the tailpipe . if the dealership topped off the fluid and left black dot4 in there i would say call them and tell them youre not shopping there anymore.

if youre positive its black brake fluid, bleed it all out and put fresh in there and you do need a new brake line also. i believe they run somewhere around 15-30 dollars

Top Bottom