Back Brakes feel spongey...not wanna grab.

BadSeed

Mar 27, 2009
On my 01 cr250r i got a back brake prob..it seems i really gotta put my foot down really really hard to get the back end to lock up .i remeber i used to be able to do it easily, but not now..????My Pads still go a lot of meat on them, they have 1 mud race on them.....also on the outside of my rotor i got these marks , i dont knoow where they came from, they're going around the outside of the rotor inwards like 2"inches.
Can i Bleed them to make them touchy again???I would rather have touchy brakes then spongey brakes.Or Should i try to ajust the brake by the ajuster on the rod in-between pedal and cyclinder????

Or should i just buy new pads and maybe a new rotor to get my brakes back to how i like them????

Thanx
BadSeed

1989kx250

Mar 17, 2006
bleeding the brakes will never hurt anything its dirt cheap and worth a try.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I had the same issue with my 2007 RMZ450, oddly enough, after a mud ride too. My rear brakes worked great, then halfway through the day they seemed to fade. I figured it was from moisture on the pads. When washing my bike and spinning the rear tire, I noticed the rear rotor was bent.

I made a pointer guage from a coat hanger wire and clamped it to my swingarm. I used a sharpie to mark the "out of round" spots. Then I used a 12 inch adjustable wrench to true the rotor.

When spinning the rear tire watch the rotor and see if it moves.

sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
bleeding em wouldn't hurt, same thing happens to a clutch on a car when you dont bleed them after a clutch rebuild. those marks you were talking about, they wouldnt be near anything that could have cause oil to leak out would they? maybe your leaking/low on oil?

Top Bottom