B

biglou

Caution: Your heart rate will slow just reading this post. You have been warned...

A bit of history: My dad shows me this article from the KC Star newspaper (on the front page, no less. like there aren't more important things going on. but i digress...). This directed me to the following webpage: Click

After 37 seconds of deliberation, I decided I must attempt this masterpiece of meat, this cacophony of pork! There are only four ingredients: Pork, pork, BBQ sauce, and BBQ rub. That's it. Per the recipe, I gathered up 2 1lb. tubes of Italian sausage, two 1lb. packs of thick cut bacon, some Famous Dave's BBQ sauce and pork rub. Total cost: $22, give or take.

The whole thing went very smoothly. Total time was about 45 minutes, not counting the final cooking of the "loaf". Gonna take it over to my pops' place and use his way more awesomer than mine grill.

The website I referenced has more and better pictures than I took, plus I spent the majority of my time with my hands slathered in bacon grease and didn't want to lubricate my camera, so, in sequence, here are the pictures I took:

5x5 bacon weave + layer of rub + layer of 2lbs Italian sausage:
IMG_1952.JPG

Mmmmmmm, bacon....
IMG_1953.JPG

Mmmmmmm, bacon in that frothy grease that makes it so crispy:
IMG_1954.JPG

Bacon grease draining on paper towel:
IMG_1955.JPG

B

biglou

Bacon slivers on Italian sausage on bacon weave:
IMG_1956.JPG

And drizzled with sauce then sprinkled with more rub:
IMG_1957.JPG

Sausage-bacon roll:
IMG_1958.JPG

Bacon-sausage-bacon roll, ready for the grill:
IMG_1959.JPG

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I'm there . . .

Lou, if you're looking for an appetizer while you wait for that to finish up on the grill, get some little smokies, wrap them in bacon, sprinkle them with brown sugar, and bake 'em in the oven at 350 until the bacon is done. Definitely a good warmup for the explosion.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dang Louis.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about Obamas's stimulus package. :whoa: :yikes:

Never mind. ;) Carry on. :laugh:

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Stop showing me this awesome food, its a pain with all the snow here and no gaz in the bbq :'(:'(. jk.

Looks really good miammm :)
I like your appetizer XRpredator i am gotta try it too(never did with sugar) really soon lol.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
No report back from Lou, I wonder if his heart exploded from the infusion of grease?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Whew!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
That looks deliciously deadly.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
...And for the heart healthy version,... ad two cups of crushed PLAVIX ! :whoa:

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
man that looks good lol
try sliced holapinios wrapped in sliced chicken breast,then wrapped in bacon!!use a tooth pick to hold it all together,those are fannnntastic!

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
VERY nice Lou!!!! I feel the potential artery hardening....but I'd still eat it!!!haha

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
jason33 said:
man that looks good lol
try sliced holapinios wrapped in sliced chicken breast,then wrapped in bacon!!use a tooth pick to hold it all together,those are fannnntastic!
add bell peppers, onions, sharp cheddar, and douse it inside and out with italian dressing before throwing it on the grill, and I have been there.

96ekhatch

Feb 16, 2009
do you happen to have a picture of the finished product and how do you eat it lol?
and did anybody's cholesterol just go up looking at this? besides mine

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You want to see the finished product? Be careful what you ask for, you may end up getting a picture of what's in his toilet :p :laugh:

B

biglou

There's a picture in the link in my first post. And, for the record, my cholesterol and blood pressure have always been perfect (or better). So I allow myself the occasional indulgence, lol!

Top Bottom