Bar Adapters

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Just received my new Moose Burleson handle bars and universal bar adapters and I have a question. The adapters don't mount as I expected they go on top of the bottom of the stock clamps. This raises the bars about 1 1/16th inch higher than stock. My question is, is there enough cable for my odo to fit at the higher rise. I just don't want to be surprised when I put them on. If anyone has experience with those adapters your input is most welcome. :think:

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
Your bars are going to be awefully high if you use those mounts. ProTaper makes the oversize clamp kit you describe for 70 bucks:

http://www.mxsouth.com/protaper/proclmkit.htm

I'm curious, do the Moose Burleson bars have a narrow center clamp mounting section, or does it look like they just lopped off the bar ends of an MX bar to get the 30 inch width?

That is, does the center section look narrower than another set of bars you might have laying around?

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
No they are thicker in the mounting area 1 1/8 and taper to 7/8 and the ends are nicely finished. The left side is knurled and the right is smooth and gloss black. The lever area is glossy but the center part is flat black looks cool and they are 30". I think I'm going to try the adapters because I like the bars alittle higher. Oh, the center section does look alittle narrower. Hard to tell as I just took the out of the box and have not compared to the stock bars.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…