ettev

Feb 17, 2009
Over from KDXrider.net. Awesome forum here.

Opinions needed:

I'm converting the stock front end of my kids 2002 KDX220 to hybrid using a KX125 setup. I'd like to upgrade the bars for him. He's just shy of 6 ft. tall and does mostly woods and trail riding and mixes in an occasional hairscramble. I've read a lot of good things about the 1 1/8" aluminum Tusk Chub Big Bars. Seems like a lot of folks have more good than bad to say about them plus the price is attractive compared to P/T's. It also seems like the majority go with the CR high bend configuration so thats probably what I'll go with.

All that said to ask this: am I ok to use the Tusk Universal Big Bar Clamp Kit or will the use of this kit add TOO much height to the setup? Am I better off removing the stock bar mounts and going with big bar mounts as opposed to the Tusk adapters? If so what is a good bar mount to go with?

Thanks.

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
ettev said:
Over from KDXrider.net. Awesome forum here.

Opinions needed:

I'm converting the stock front end of my kids 2002 KDX220 to hybrid using a KX125 setup. I'd like to upgrade the bars for him. He's just shy of 6 ft. tall and does mostly woods and trail riding and mixes in an occasional hairscramble. I've read a lot of good things about the 1 1/8" aluminum Tusk Chub Big Bars. Seems like a lot of folks have more good than bad to say about them plus the price is attractive compared to P/T's. It also seems like the majority go with the CR high bend configuration so thats probably what I'll go with.

All that said to ask this: am I ok to use the Tusk Universal Big Bar Clamp Kit or will the use of this kit add TOO much height to the setup? Am I better off removing the stock bar mounts and going with big bar mounts as opposed to the Tusk adapters? If so what is a good bar mount to go with?

Thanks.

You'd probably be better off with the replacement big bar mounts.

As far as I can tell they're all about the same in price, and I'd imagine in quality too.

guitarking135

Feb 14, 2009
Get a set of tag metals x5 they are awesome bars really strong and the best part is they are 7/8" bars I have them on my fourwheeler a kfx700 and they have hit the ground pretty hard. I'll trash my stem before i bend these bars

Top Bottom