sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Hi all,

I took one of my sons to Gilmer Saturday. We met up with Darron (Ghostrider32). It was our (my son and I) first time there. We had a great time. It's a really nice place.

Lot's of variety in the terrain. Easy 2 tracks, tight single tracks, and some great 'mommy!' hill climbs/descents.

After my son got tired (we'd been riding for several hours), Darron and I rode for a while. I enjoyed meeting him, and we had some 'bonding' experiences (Uh, I don't think you want to follow me down here...)

It's about the same distance from the east side of the Metroplex to Gilmer as it is to Muenster (about 2 hours to both places for me).

If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it.

Seldon

Another note: the restroom facilities are clean!

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I did enjoy meeting Seldon and I did do some bonding but with a pile of dirt. :laugh: Seldon is a good riding partner and he'll surprise you on that XR650.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I've been meaning to get out to Barnwell Mountain for a long time now. I do get tired of Muenster once in a while. It was sooooo good today, though. Not too dry, but not muddy. Cool in the morning, hotter than the surface of the sun at noon. Had fun with Enduro Nut, Charlie, and Stan the Man Flemmings. I'm still nursing a sore foot and couldn't keep up with those hotshoes. Still fun, though. I need to try Barnwell soon.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone up for Barnwell this Saturday? I'm thinking of heading up there and camping Friday night with my sons and riding all day Saturday. (After registering for $35, future visits for all my family are only $10 per visit no matter how many bikes!)

Seldon

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Seldon,

I should get a day to ride in about 2 weeks. :( May'be we can get together then. :)

Keeto,

Looking forward to riding with you and the guys again. :)

Top Bottom