cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
Does anyone here know of a good bearing supplier around NJ? My dads friend use to work for U.S. Air and knew of one but just getting stuff like this from him is a pita, so ill ask here 1st. Also if i order from one should i expect to pay less than from Honda? Could the quality of these new bearing be better than Honda, and when ordering would i give them the Honda part # or what ever is stamped on the bearing?( i guess they would be the same?) THanks

Dan105

Aug 23, 2002
I am doing wheel bearings in my Cr250 tomorrow. I live in newengland and have to do them once a year so I dont think it matters what brand I use. I am using honda only because they were given to me. It depends on what bearing you are replacing. If I am doing a top heim bearing in a shock I dont mess around use oem. But the Pivot Works linkage kit,swingarm kit, and wheel bearing kit are all top notch quality. I know the shock kit they have is just as good but a shock is very exspensive and I feel better using oem in the top of the shock, but its just personal preference. Put them in the freezer over night and they will go in easier. And whatever you do, dont use the hammer-socker method! Use a press or a nice bench vise with some wood pieces to help push the bearings in so your not gauging the parts up. If you are going to get the bearing from a bearing company than make sure you celan all the dust seals up spottlessly. You should replace them but if you do a good job cleaning then its fine. I do know of a bearing company right near me but im in NH. Let me know if you want their name and number. After you do your bearings this time around you can send the company your old ones and they will match them up with the right stuff that way you have spares and now know part numbers. And yes any bearing company should be able to look at a bearing and tell you exactly what you need.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you should be able to purchase the exact same bearing from any industrial bearing supply shop. if there's any industry at all in your area, there should be a bearing shop. it will likely be alot cheaper than buying from a motorcycle shop too. look in your yellow pages.

Top Bottom