Been running a dial-a-jet system on my KDX one year now... works awesome

patecooper

Jan 19, 2009
Been running a Dial-a-Jet system...... and can't believe I don't hear more about these systems on this sight. I can change my jetting in 2 mins from outside the carb. I can tune the jetting for temp, filters, alltitude, etc. Highly recomend. Also bought the snorkel system for hard core conditions.

Thanks for the answers on the rev pipe..... I plan on buying one soon.

OLHILLBILLY

Jun 29, 2006
Well, actually this is the first I've heard of a "Dial-a-Jet" system. Or a "snorkle system" for that matter.

Search engine, oh search engine! Need a little help here. :laugh:
I'm of to do some research.

patecooper

Jan 19, 2009
thunder products ....google them

Thunder products is the maker of dial-a-jet. As stated earlier, I've had one on my KDX for a year now....... and it takes about two seconds to tune my carb to whatever. You need two buy the snorkel option/add on as well......for wet, muddy, dusty conditions

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
From http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet.htm

"Dial-A-Jet emulsified fuel charge fills in the lean spots between the poorly atomized fuel molecules from other jetting circuits eliminating lean spots." :rotfl:

and...
"Dial-A-Jet consistently purges your float bowl of moisture (water, alcohol or benzenes) as they settle to the bottom. This eliminates water seizures or burn down, carburetor icing, galling or broken intake skirts on your piston."[/I] :rotfl: :rotfl:

This device may work, but the snake-oil ad leaves me a bit skeptical. :whoa:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I've heard some good stuff about it, but there was a lengthy review somewhere that showed dyno results with a 2hp loss across the rpm range when running the dial-a-jet system. That pretty much turned me off. I like the idea of it though...

J.

patecooper

Jan 19, 2009
go to their website and look at all the dirt bike/atv artical tests

go to their web-site and check out the articles from dirt bike and atv mags on it..... tested extensively. BUT whatever, changing jets one self takes what 15-30mins tops.

I just like being able to click a lock dial from ouside the bike

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Of course their own website would have lots of favorable ink....would you expect otherwise? (Manufacturer's websites are advertisements, after all; they want you to buy the product.)
I read through several of the article reprints they had on the site. It appears this might be a worthwhile modification if you frequently took your bike to different elevations that might be several thousand feet in variation.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
There is nothing new about Dial-a-Jet. We had them back in the early 70's. A few riders tried to run them on their dirttrackers. I remember guys coming down the straightaways, reaching down trying to adjust their dial a jets. Good way to blow up your engine and crash your brains out while trying to reach your dial a jet. Several of them did blow up their engines by dialing in a lean condition.

Other riders would also walk by in the pits and adjust your dial a jet for you when you weren't looking. These other riders were usually your competition. ;) :rotfl:

Just a fad. They didn't last very long.

Question. How do you know if your jetting is correct without taking a plug chop? And, if you're going to take the time to do a plug chop, why not just take the extra five minutes to change out your main jet and be done with it.

Do you just tune by ear? I don't know to many tuners that can actually do that successfully.

Sounded like a bad idea back then. Still sounds like a bad idea.

talkoren

Oct 28, 2008
how does this work?

By the tech article they have there its hard to understand , they do say that the kit requires lean jettings and stabilizes it by adding more fuel up to the correct jetting- is this true? do you belive it does as said?

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
talkoren said:
By the tech article they have there its hard to understand , they do say that the kit requires lean jettings and stabilizes it by adding more fuel up to the correct jetting- is this true?
Since the D-A-J is continuously introducing additional fuel into the airstream, that is the only way it could work properly; you'd have to re-jet to compensate for the D-A-J initially.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom